Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 MXZ Question

Five Cent Worth

ahopkins22LSV

I think it’s been well stated that the stock systems will be great for 95-98% of the buys. The 1%’s on here that want the best won’t like it. Malibu isn’t building these systems for those guys and there is nothing wrong with either side. I’m pleased with my stock setup with one set of icons. Can hear it just fine surfing, sounds good in the boat, I can turn off the interior while the kid is napping, and Bluetooth works good. I admit though, I’m not the guy who needs the best sound period. I also know I could have saved money by doing the tower speakers myself but when we ordered the boat I couldn’t afford to give up the time to do the install so I choose to go with the factory. You have to be able to take a step back and answer what you want. If you can’t do that you probably aren’t going to be happy with either choice (factory or doing it yourself).

• Like 2

I went stereo delete for a couple reasons. Mainly, the wife and I both like BIG, CRYSTAL CLEAR, Sound. I thought about going with the head unit and throwing out the amps so I could get the factory integration, But I am hearing that the factory system, although being much better, still has unwanted noise.  We boat in an area where we can turn the big knob all the way when we want. However, we try to respect others.  IE: We do not crank it in the marina. We don't play the raunchy music when people are around. We boat and hangout miles from homes.  If at sometime we decide we want factory integration, I will find a head unit and make it happen. For now, I have the system going in that we desire and it is costing me slightly more than factory without having to remove amps and throw them away. And as much as I like the look of the cover for the sub, I do not think the sub should be a focal point in the boat. Just hide the sub and install that fancy billet plate on there. 

7 hours ago, COOP said:

The new setups dont suck. They actually sound pretty good(sub bass lacking aside), but they are not using the full output that they are capable of. Could they be better, of course. Malibu is going to continue down this path and the others will follow. Auto makers did the same thing, and everyone bitched, and they kept doing it, and people kept buying. The tunes will get better, but dont ever expect full output. There are far more people who buy factory and leave it alone then there are who want to upgrade. At least Malibu will let buyers order with a stereo delete for now, this may go away in the future in favor of more integration features.

Totally agree, I wouldn't say they suck by any stretch!

On 2/7/2019 at 9:20 PM, Peebalz said:

I ordered my 2019 MXZ with one pair of Icon 8's.  Is this going to be enough speaker for boat and surfing?

Interesting.  Thanks for posting.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:13 AM, 05hammerhead said:

Word on the street is part way through the season theyll add in the option to get one pair.  My dealer is ordering with two pairs of rev 10s and pulling one off to use on a stock boat that didnt get tower speakers. 

Thanks - good idea.  Haven't had that thorough of dialog just yet with the dealer.  

I have done custom stereos in my first three boats.  My ‘17 went two seasons without me touching the stereo.  Can it be better, yes. Is it damn good for a factory set up, yes.  I am upgrading the rev 8’s to 10’s and repowering them mainly because things can always be better and I have issues leaving anything alone.  I get compliments on the factory stereo contatantly.  

On 2/8/2019 at 10:01 AM, IXFE said:

If you know my history, you know that I typically buy “stereo delete” to avoid the factory system entirely. Last year was the first year where I did as you said... factory cabin and sub + aftermarket tower. I did that mostly because I was feeling lazy last year and consensus on the new WS factory system was that it was pretty good. Turns out it was just “okay” for me.  The sub, in particular, is weak sauce.

Fast forward one year... I still ordered factory cabin and sub with plans to add aftermarket tower speakers. But my plan is to swap out the factory cabin+sub amp and subwoofer driver.

Still love that factory subwoofer grill! Last year I covered it in black Gatorstep and put a blue light behind it!

13F53F59-6BE5-463D-9A30-873AFF441288.jpeg

Remember it well, and I sort of combined the two boats stories , but you are now doing what I am saying , replacing expensive new amps with expensive new amps , seems like you should be able to sign off on a mod to higher gains and HZ and enjoy what you already paid for.  Folks are already “wasting” one warranty/amp, why not be able to keep amp and void warranty at the dealership using their proprietary plug to amp to make the non warrantied adjustment .  Really seems like a waste , as @COOP said many are satisfied but for those with no children to ruin their hearing , I’m reading post after post that sais I’m unsatisfied or I won’t order.  But to get the integration you have to get the inboats and sub set up.  

Im very happy with my used HT6 with new revo6 snd that lousy little fa10 sub on another amp  in my double starbrite wall instead of that OEM foot well, I’m thinking I wouldn’t be if it was somewhat muted.  The 110 per 6 channels to the 100/200 revo6 is s nice match tuned properly.  Why can’t  they just match the rms snd tune them up.  I don’t need my tower head bangers to enjoy some really nice music with just my inboats and sub