Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mercruiser 350 Carb Wedge?

Malibudave83

As some of yall know im doing stingers/complete tare down on my 1990 Malibu Euro f3. after looking at the motor and talking to a couple people about how i do have 12 degree wedge between the motor and the carb? do any of yall have a wedge or know what i might be looking for?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, Malibudave83 said:

As some of yall know im doing stingers/complete tare down on my 1990 Malibu Euro f3. after looking at the motor and talking to a couple people about how i do have 12 degree wedge between the motor and the carb? do any of yall have a wedge or know what i might be looking for?

Thanks

This is a pic of the stock spread bore wedge plate from my Echelon, hopefully of some help:

Carburetor_wedge_plate_1.JPG

We just replaced a motor in a 88 Skier and ran into this. The factory manifold was cast rear-high so the carb mounting flange was level with the boat--no wedge needed. The new Vortec motor's manifold was cast level with the top of the motor.  We ended up having to get a 12* wedge kit from Mercruiser but it was pricey. Without it the front bowl would empty and the boat would spit and sputter under acceleration.

Level the trailer and use and angle finder on your intake manifold to see what you need to get the carb level. If you don't have an angle finder there is a simple one built into the measuring app on iPhones if you or someone you know uses one.

Here's the Holley branded 12* kit:

https://www.michiganmotorz.com/holley-square-bore-wedge-plate-p-352.html

Edited by jk13

Put the boat in the water and measure the angle you need to have the carb sitting level with it floating. It will likely sit at a different angle than sitting on the trailer perfectly level.

And those prices for a carb wedge are ridiculous! I would look at getting a 1" carb spacer and having a local machine shop mill it to the angle that you need.

• Like 1