Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Super Duty

wakesonthesnake

Godzilla finally lives.  Have been waiting for this new gas engine for 2 years.  The ten speed will be nice as well.  I am hoping the combo will get 17 mpg but will be happy with 15.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-trucks/2020-ford-super-duty-gets-10-speeds-an-updated-power-stroke-and-a-73l-gas-engine/ar-BBTc4mH

So, Ford's version of the LS platform. 6 bolt caps, narrow design, pushrods...

What I did notice was the valve train, at the rockers there looks to be no adjustment. I assume they have adjustable length pushrods to set valve lash?

10 hours ago, Falko said:

So, Ford's version of the LS platform. 6 bolt caps, narrow design, pushrods...

What I did notice was the valve train, at the rockers there looks to be no adjustment. I assume they have adjustable length pushrods to set valve lash?

I doubt it. They will most likely have a hyd roller cam, and(just like the LS have a non adjustable valve train) when I put a cam in my 10 camaro, I bought diff lgt pushrod. All came as a package..Brian Tooley.the hyd lifters can spin to 7k. Doubt the Ford LS will spin that high, in it's intended use.

I have been VERY happy with my 2011 F250 and 6.7, it handles everything I throw at it with ease and has been very reliable. I have liked all of the updates they have done over the least few years but not enough to get me to upgrade. The 2020 design has me REALLY looking to upgrade. Will probably wait till 2021 so they can get the bugs worked out. 

2 hours ago, RyanB said:

You can already get 1000 ft/lbs in a stock 6.7. You just have to raise your standards and buy a RAM. 😎

plus you get a tailgate that is busted in half right from the factory

45 minutes ago, BlindSquirrel said:

I don’t get it :blush:

I think he is referring to the new tailgate you can get on a Ram that splits into like a 60/40 configuration.   Think french doors for your tailgate...:)

55 minutes ago, DUKENO1 said:

I think he is referring to the new tailgate you can get on a Ram that splits into like a 60/40 configuration.   Think french doors for your tailgate...:)

:beer:

3 hours ago, wakesonthesnake said:

plus you get a tailgate that is busted in half right from the factory

Only if you back into the gooseneck trailer😂😂my 2014 made it 500 miles😂my 2018 made it 4k😖

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

Only if you back into the gooseneck trailer😂😂my 2014 made it 500 miles😂my 2018 made it 4k😖

As long as it latches I consider a tailgate in perfect condition.

• 5 months later...

The specs are out and I'm bummed they arent higher.  I was hoping for 450+ HP and 500+ft/lbs of torque...oh well. I'm just glad that larger gas engines are coming back. RAM and their 6.4, GM and it's new 6.6, and now the Ford 7.3.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jetskipro550 said:

The specs are out and I'm bummed they arent higher.  I was hoping for 450+ HP and 500+ft/lbs of torque...oh well. I'm just glad that larger gas engines are coming back. RAM and their 6.4, GM and it's new 6.6, and now the Ford 7.3.

That's funny, those are the exact numbers I was hoping for as well.  It will still be a pulling machine with the 10 speed and the flat torque curve.  I think I will end up with a srw 350 so I can pull the boat with a camper.

MalibuNation
12 hours ago, jetskipro550 said:

I think Ford's thinking was to build a a non-tubo gasser with lower compression meaning less heat and geared towards longevity yet plenty of power.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MalibuNation said:

I think Ford's thinking was to build a a non-tubo gasser with lower compression meaning less heat and geared towards longevity yet plenty of power.

Define plenty of power :) Im kidding, I get that...just would have liked to see this motor in a category all of its. Somewhere between the diesels and current gas engines.

17 minutes ago, MLBurns said:

I don't get the low power numbers for the cubic inch of this motor. Not much more power than the 6.2 in my 1500 Chevy.

Yes its probably around the same horsepower but the torque is double. And torque is what you want when towing

1 hour ago, RandomForumGuy said:

Yes its probably around the same horsepower but the torque is double. And torque is what you want when towing

Ummm, I’m no math wiz, but 475 is not quite double what 460 is. 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

45F2F535-60DD-4A8B-894E-4EBF17624B54.png

A59B59FB-E080-44B6-9837-E69B7142E004.png