Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wakesonthesnake

2020 Super Duty

wakesonthesnake

Godzilla finally lives.  Have been waiting for this new gas engine for 2 years.  The ten speed will be nice as well.  I am hoping the combo will get 17 mpg but will be happy with 15.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-trucks/2020-ford-super-duty-gets-10-speeds-an-updated-power-stroke-and-a-73l-gas-engine/ar-BBTc4mH

hethj7

This was a pretty interesting interview with the engineering manager for the engine   

MadMan

To me, this would make a great tow boat engine, lots of cubic inches so you don't have to rev it to make horsepower.

Falko

So, Ford's version of the LS platform. 6 bolt caps, narrow design, pushrods...

What I did notice was the valve train, at the rockers there looks to be no adjustment. I assume they have adjustable length pushrods to set valve lash?

MalibuNation

I saw it yesterday and only can wish.

carguy79ta
10 hours ago, Falko said:

So, Ford's version of the LS platform. 6 bolt caps, narrow design, pushrods...

What I did notice was the valve train, at the rockers there looks to be no adjustment. I assume they have adjustable length pushrods to set valve lash?

I doubt it. They will most likely have a hyd roller cam, and(just like the LS have a non adjustable valve train) when I put a cam in my 10 camaro, I bought diff lgt pushrod. All came as a package..Brian Tooley.the hyd lifters can spin to 7k. Doubt the Ford LS will spin that high, in it's intended use.

IXFE

Stoked for the upgraded 6.7L and new 10- speed.  Rumor is it will make over 1000 lb-ft!!

Exterior & interior refresh looks great too!  Especially compared to the new GM heavy duty. 

0A595ADB-6549-40EB-9A21-F6DFA0D53C22.jpeg

B028B722-3631-45E0-B005-4EF726B8A7DF.jpeg

77F6CD17-BD24-479F-A3D9-33E8B18917E4.jpeg

E3A31D74-6BA9-407D-8079-19FDA43C4305.jpeg

FEA7CF4F-BAEB-4BE3-B5EB-0CC3DF47EB0D.jpeg

9202729A-516B-41D7-860F-C8BB7D45C062.jpeg

6A003D28-8BD0-4821-A52A-CDF2D3F3B069.jpeg

4294768D-B4A8-404C-A382-49CE43EF10EE.jpeg

8A78BA19-95DF-4D69-A6BF-74B59C3A26F6.jpeg

ndahlberg12

I have been VERY happy with my 2011 F250 and 6.7, it handles everything I throw at it with ease and has been very reliable. I have liked all of the updates they have done over the least few years but not enough to get me to upgrade. The 2020 design has me REALLY looking to upgrade. Will probably wait till 2021 so they can get the bugs worked out. 

RyanB

You can already get 1000 ft/lbs in a stock 6.7. You just have to raise your standards and buy a RAM. 😎

wakesonthesnake
2 hours ago, RyanB said:

You can already get 1000 ft/lbs in a stock 6.7. You just have to raise your standards and buy a RAM. 😎

plus you get a tailgate that is busted in half right from the factory

BlindSquirrel
18 minutes ago, wakesonthesnake said:

I don’t get it :blush:

DUKENO1
45 minutes ago, BlindSquirrel said:

I don’t get it :blush:

I think he is referring to the new tailgate you can get on a Ram that splits into like a 60/40 configuration.   Think french doors for your tailgate...:)

BlindSquirrel
55 minutes ago, DUKENO1 said:

I think he is referring to the new tailgate you can get on a Ram that splits into like a 60/40 configuration.   Think french doors for your tailgate...:)

:beer:

Sparky450
3 hours ago, wakesonthesnake said:

Only if you back into the gooseneck trailer😂😂my 2014 made it 500 miles😂my 2018 made it 4k😖

wakesonthesnake
30 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

Only if you back into the gooseneck trailer😂😂my 2014 made it 500 miles😂my 2018 made it 4k😖

As long as it latches I consider a tailgate in perfect condition.

Falko

That limited interior is pretty nice. I still won't buy a Ford, but that looks like it clean up well...