Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Lees23

Bracket for one pair of rev 10’s

Recommended Posts

Lees23

I am upgrading to rev 10’s and and trying to figure understand which mounting option is best for a single pair of rev 10’s on a G3.5 tower.  

 

Thanks all,

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lonestar

The Wet Sounds dual mount will mount a single pair tucked highest in the corner. More so than the single pair mount. I have the dual mount and one pair of Rev 10s myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
G Spot
22 minutes ago, lonestar said:

The Wet Sounds dual mount will mount a single pair tucked highest in the corner. More so than the single pair mount. I have the dual mount and one pair of Rev 10s myself.

I echo this. You can see pics of it in my sale listing in my signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lees23
48 minutes ago, G Spot said:

I echo this. You can see pics of it in my sale listing in my signature.

Thanks, this is helpful.. $399 is pretty crazy for a bracket.  Can you not use the upper board rack position with rev 10’s with that bracket?

 

Has anyone ever use clamp mounts on the tower?  

 

Thanks again..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MLA

Dual works best in most's opinions, single works just fine. Board rack position is not really an option to bolt the direct mount pod to the tower upright. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lees23
12 minutes ago, MLA said:

Dual works best in most's opinions, single works just fine. Board rack position is not really an option to bolt the direct mount pod to the tower upright. 

What I mean is, can you no longer use the upper board rack position(as a board rack) if you have the rev 10’s with the dual or single bracket). 

 

In @G Spot picture he is using the lower board position with dual mount and single pair of rev 10’s.  I would think that the lower board rack position is creates more of a space issue when the board are “in”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wdr
2 hours ago, Lees23 said:

What I mean is, can you no longer use the upper board rack position(as a board rack) if you have the rev 10’s with the dual or single bracket). 

 

In @G Spot picture he is using the lower board position with dual mount and single pair of rev 10’s.  I would think that the lower board rack position is creates more of a space issue when the board are “in”.

The upper board racks will work, you may have an issue getting the boards swung fully into the boat though BICBW. Most like myself bought the duals to get the Revs up and out of the way. On my ‘10 I had them in the upper position for that reason and thought they were goofy looking in the lower position. With the duals you have the option of using both and you will only be able to use the full rotation of the speakers in the lower position. In the upper position the speakers hit the rear tower hoop and will only allow about 25 degrees of rotation on the swivel mounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lees23
14 minutes ago, wdr said:

The upper board racks will work, you may have an issue getting the boards swung fully into the boat though BICBW. Most like myself bought the duals to get the Revs up and out of the way. On my ‘10 I had them in the upper position for that reason and thought they were goofy looking in the lower position. With the duals you have the option of using both and you will only be able to use the full rotation of the speakers in the lower position. In the upper position the speakers hit the rear tower hoop and will only allow about 25 degrees of rotation on the swivel mounts.

Thanks.  I don’t care to have them on swivel mounts, so that’s fine. 

 

Am I correct in assuming that the single mount basically puts the speakers in the lower position of the dual mount?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wdr
10 hours ago, Lees23 said:

Thanks.  I don’t care to have them on swivel mounts, so that’s fine. 

 

Am I correct in assuming that the single mount basically puts the speakers in the lower position of the dual mount?

Yes, unless they have changed the layout since I did mine. Both mounts use the existing holes in the G3 and the duals have provisions for the Bimini base plates, so they just screw on like they do on the G3. Channels on the back side of the mounts to run the wires. The lower mount position on the plate has the base extended forward to be able to make full contact with the lower Rev speaker bases if used. If you do go with just the single pair of Revs, the bottom empty spot looks kind of odd w/o a speaker, but not annoyingly so.IMG_0112.thumb.JPG.7986ff60369a986eef9aceb617bf7170.JPG

Edited by wdr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stitch48

For this those that had the factory shelf with forward and rear facing lights, where do you move the lights to if you get rid of the shelf and go to the dual mounts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...