Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

19 t23 prop

Giesh164

I live in Michigan and Will be placing an order this weekend for a 19 t23. 409 motor with pw3. I plan on running 750 rear plug n play along with the plug n play bag under the bow cushions. I’ll additionally run an auxiliary sac in the bow or walkway depending. We mostly wake board and curious as if the standard prop for 2019 (2249) will b enough to reach wake board speeds? I’m leaning on the side of caution to just upgrade to the torque prop to be safe, but would also like to keep the rpms down while surfing -cruising. Thanks 

55 minutes ago, Giesh164 said:

I live in Michigan and Will be placing an order this weekend for a 19 t23. 409 motor with pw3. I plan on running 750 rear plug n play along with the plug n play bag under the bow cushions. I’ll additionally run an auxiliary sac in the bow or walkway depending. We mostly wake board and curious as if the standard prop for 2019 (2249) will b enough to reach wake board speeds? I’m leaning on the side of caution to just upgrade to the torque prop to be safe, but would also like to keep the rpms down while surfing -cruising. Thanks 

Congrats! Post up some pics when you get a chance of your colors!

I have an 18 T22 and run the standard prop (2249). It is way more than I need and can't imagine needing the torque prop. I also run 750's and have had everything full with a large crew and the boat doesn't struggle at all with PW2 to get to wakeboard speeds. PW2 is incredible for getting the heavy boat to plane out and achieve 23mph, I'm confident that PW3 will only perform better. I am actually stepping down my prop (2277) this season because I hope to lower RPMs a bit.

I think you will also find that in the '18/19 Axis boats the wake/wave is improved from prior years and you don't necessarily need extra weight on top of the stock ballast / p-n-p combo.

One more thing to think about... Axis charges you extra for the prop upgrade even though the props are the exact same price on wakemakers. If you plan to have a spare prop, maybe buy something besides the 2249 so you will have 2 choices. Additionally, most dealers will swap out props for you if you aren't happy.

Edited by Raimie

I had the 2249 on my 17 T23 with 550 bags in the back and I always felt like way overkill.  When I ordered my 19 23lsv, I went less aggressive with the 2277 on advice from others.  I had the 6.0 409 in the T23 and will have the same motor in the LSV.

Here is what we’ve decided on... the boat builder is terrible in my opinion on color renderings. Hoping it turns out as sweet as were thinking 🤞🏻

B263B924-4FA9-419F-9618-7BD741D0167B.png

18 hours ago, Giesh164 said:

Here is what we’ve decided on... the boat builder is terrible in my opinion on color renderings. Hoping it turns out as sweet as were thinking 🤞🏻

B263B924-4FA9-419F-9618-7BD741D0167B.png

big congrats on the new boat! when do you take delivery? I am very curious to see how it looks in person. not sure I have seen an all Grey with an all brown interior?  Im with you on the boat builder. ( I play around with it a bunch and the colors never seem quite right) 

Thanks, the interior is actually “cherry wine”. Not sure if axis offers a brown option. we’re hoping to take delivery in April 

Edited by Giesh164