Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim deck removal

Sparky450

Hope this is in the right place and I feel like an idiot. How do these pins come out to remove the swimdeck. I lifted the black lever and pulled on the pin. I even tried twisting them and shaking the deck. . It won’t budge. Need to get this gel coat sealed. 

Thanks

Rotate the pin up to unlock then pull it out.  If it is tight then drift it out with a haamer and punch/screwdriver.  Once the pins are out then tilt platform up to remove. 

Edited by oldjeep

I imagine the black lever stays in place where it is and the pin pulls out to the inside. So are you saying to tap the pin from the inside out SOFTLY. To loosen it up. Then it will pull out to the inside. Damn, I can wire a schoo or grocery store l but can’t get the pin out of my swimdeck😂😂

3 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

It says unlock on the black lever.  But the black lever don’t unlock it. 😁😁😂😂26143914-AC9A-4DB7-9507-D476FC5AC8AD.thumb.jpeg.27d669fbcf4b72c7308d212f24e12089.jpeg

DC3CFBCD-C65F-46B6-8164-47FDD43DD4F3.thumb.jpeg.33e7b665b56c13413906cded17d91225.jpegGot 5 min of sun this afternoon. I have been holding out because I don’t have any good pics. This is the best I have. And pictures don’t do her justice. 😁 I didn’t even have time to take one from the other direction. And at least the neighbor kids weren’t in the treehouse😜

Looks great. Get some interior shots. 

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the post!  I was just ready to break my fingers I was pulling so hard.  I thought the pins pulled to the outsides also.  I feel like an idiot!  Glad I found this thread!

• 5 months later...

Yes the black part is connected to the pin.  Rotate the black part up towards the swim platform, the. The entire pin assembly will slide out.  I find it helps to use my back and push up slightly on the platform to take the pressure off the pin.  They are one of the most unintuitive designs I have ever seen.  Just remember once you rotate, they slide towards the middle of the boat.  Good luck!

5 hours ago, djheywood said:

Yes the black part is connected to the pin.  Rotate the black part up towards the swim platform, the. The entire pin assembly will slide out.  I find it helps to use my back and push up slightly on the platform to take the pressure off the pin.  They are one of the most unintuitive designs I have ever seen.  Just remember once you rotate, they slide towards the middle of the boat.  Good luck!

These are the pins on my  2012. They both pull out from the right side of their respective brackets (both pins are the same - there isn't a right and a left style.)  The arrow indicates the direction to lock the pin

WP_20140905_001.jpg

IMG_20201022_062154.jpg

Edited by oldjeep
1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

These are the pins on my  2012. They both pull out from the right side of their respective brackets (both pins are the same - there isn't a right and a left style.)  The arrow indicates the direction to lock the pin

WP_20140905_001.jpg

IMG_20201022_062154.jpg

Boats with surfgate require them to pull towards middle of boat.  Black handle rotates up and there is a short cable that the factory secures to a hole in the other side of the pin. (keeps pins from backing out like our old Axis).  Problem is the factory uses a key ring which is a pain to get off (if you do it a lot) so I added a cotter pin in place of the ring.

• Like 2