Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New video... 25 LSV vs. G23

IXFE

34 minutes ago, NWBU said:

This is why it’s often referenced in clicks from lift. Most will refer to all the way down as one from Stow, which is the most aggressive setting.

FA9A77B3-9898-472F-A72F-05EDFDDEF80E.thumb.jpeg.be36e3e5ef498c1c5c5e701d650d541d.jpeg

Okay, for the record.. in my demo I had the wedge 1 click from lift... all the way down... most horizontal in the water. 

@NWBU - as a side note.......you might want to get the charging system checked if that pic is from your boat. If it is actually charging at 15.0 volts all the time, your batteries aren’t going to last long. You should only be at battery voltage (12.6) + 1.0-1.6 (13.6-14.2 volts).

4 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

@NWBU - as a side note.......you might want to get the charging system checked if that pic is from your boat. If it is actually charging at 15.0 volts all the time, your batteries aren’t going to last long. You should only be at battery voltage (12.6) + 1.0-1.6 (13.6-14.2 volts).

@Dfowkes This is your screen, so just passing along the comment here. It was taken in the fall, so I assume AWS has already checked it.

Thanks for the info. Yesterday on the water it was charging high also. I assumed it was charging high because the batteries were weak from sitting around AWS. Just enough juice to crank and start yesterday. It’s on the charger now. 

33 minutes ago, Dfowkes said:

Thanks for the info. Yesterday on the water it was charging high also. I assumed it was charging high because the batteries were weak from sitting around AWS. Just enough juice to crank and start yesterday. It’s on the charger now. 

Even if your batteries are low, the voltage regulator should be keeping it down around 14volts. You wouldn’t think charging at 15 volts would hurt anything, but it is really hard on the plates inside the batteries. You might have already damaged the batteries a bit, and that might be why they are a bit weaker now.

edit- just realized this is your new boat! Probably hasn’t hurt the batteries much with that low amount of run time. They would still be fine.

awesome looking boat! Congrats!

Edited by TenTwentyOne
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hate to bring this thread back up, but curious to hear everyone’s thoughts.  Whether or not the video was biased towards the Malibu doesn’t really concern me. Everyone’s marketing is going to be biased towards their own brand in one way or another.  However, after watching the 24 mxz vs G23 and the 25 lsv vs G23 video, the thing I took away was how much longer they claim the wave on the 25 lsv was than the 24 mxz.  5 feet is quite a bit.  They also claim it has more surface area and beats it out on the largely scientific face quality test.  Do you think it’s really that much better than the mxz?

12 hours ago, cptotr said:

Hate to bring this thread back up, but curious to hear everyone’s thoughts.  Whether or not the video was biased towards the Malibu doesn’t really concern me. Everyone’s marketing is going to be biased towards their own brand in one way or another.  However, after watching the 24 mxz vs G23 and the 25 lsv vs G23 video, the thing I took away was how much longer they claim the wave on the 25 lsv was than the 24 mxz.  5 feet is quite a bit.  They also claim it has more surface area and beats it out on the largely scientific face quality test.  Do you think it’s really that much better than the mxz?

I’m not sure what you’re referring to. The difference in the videos is only 1 foot (30 vs 29). 

I was referring to this video for the mxz.  Only showing the wave length at 22'

Here is the video I saw on the 25, but it only showed the wave at 27' instead of the 30' that I just went back and watched from your original video

So is the lsv wave 5 foot better than the mxz wave or just 1 foot. Why are there 2 different versions of the same video? 

Edited by cptotr
On 2/23/2019 at 5:10 AM, TenTwentyOne said:

I think we did beat that up a little bit, but I was told it was 'normal' for the M6 to have voltage that high.  When it finally stops raining and I get to ride in my boat again, I will be measuring at the batteries to see if that high of voltage is what is actually reaching the batteries.  If so, I think it is a mistake on Malibu's part, and they plan on having owners replace batteries yearly.  Mine said 15.3.  

Edited by TallRedRider

@TallRedRider - It would be interesting to know what a DVOM shows for a reading at the battery. If it is, in fact, charging at 15+ volts, it will be hard on the battery, as well as being a bit risky for the rest of the electronics in the boat.

That said, if that is the case, it wouldn’t be all that hard to install new voltage regulators in the effected boats.

• 1 year later...
On 1/31/2019 at 10:59 PM, IXFE said:

Funny how NOBODY said any of this when Centurion paid for an “objective” comparison of GPH.  That was taken as gospel. 

But these tests somehow offend everybody. How dare anybody take two boats, set them up to factory specs, and take some measurents...??  

I mean, haven’t we been begging for this for years?  Who else has even attempted to do this sort of comparison.  Sure demo is better.  But it’s -50 in Michigan and who has time to demo 10 boats anyway?  In the absence of demo, isn’t this better than NOTHING?

Far as I’m concerned this proves what I’ve always known... TMC is full of Malibu haters.  The fact that most of you have spent more time trying to discredit the tests than even watching them... You didn’t even read the criteria before you started in with your conspiracy theories.  I had to point it out to you. Then you make up other reasons to discredit. What are you gonna say when they release a video showing 23 LSV beating G23?  I’m sure you’ll think of something!

Oh, and @Pnwrider, your boat didn’t come with bags because your dealer sucks. Sorry, it’s true.  

The self-loathing Malibu owners in here are hilarious. The Centurion test raised some eyebrows for me, but I like to do more behind my boat than just surf and that’s all they can do. 

For comparison’s sake I do know one thing, I have buddies that are Tige and Mastercraft owners and I see a lot of buyers remorse on their faces when they ride our 22LSV

• Like 2