Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dock Buoy - Hull hugger

mackie12

Morning Folks,

for the life of me I cannot remember what those long cylinder/inflatable dock buoys are called, them come in 4, 6 and 12' I believe. I know there is the "Hull Hugger" but is there not another brand also? anyone used these?

40 minutes ago, mackie12 said:

Morning Folks,

for the life of me I cannot remember what those long cylinder/inflatable dock buoys are called, them come in 4, 6 and 12' I believe. I know there is the "Hull Hugger" but is there not another brand also? anyone used these?

https://exileaudio.com/store/install-accessories/exile-buoy-ball-fender.html

Check out theses balls, I have 4 and use them all the time, work great for anchor bouey, in between wakeboat and house boat, in a dock slip, and floating tie ups with other boats.

the other product that has peaked my interest is a long cylinder maybe 2-3 ft in diameter that runs 5-8 ft in length. Name is slipping my mind tho

17 minutes ago, mackie12 said:

@Stevo I do have have those balls and they work great, only difference is I bought the Spider man one's from wal-mart.........way cheaper!

I got mine with purchase of stereo gear over the years.

i also have lightning Mcqueen hippidy-hops

The babz and hippity hops can be stored flat snd connect so easy to cleats with ropes mixed in creates zero issues, ball handle just goes over the rope tie , love mission delta as well but but storage sucks on those, same with round cylinder type , having the plug to let out air is great  and the handle makes them so easy and fast to attach 

I use mine rarely and the storage is the bigger issue for me, I store 4 with basically no room taken up in rear lockers , I just throw them on top of deflated sacs, and sacs inflate with them on top and rarely get caught up or get trapped by inflating sac against walls/ceiling ledge of lockers , even if they do get trapped , their flat and soft and nothing gets hurt, no brainer, if you use a lot  , need s pump  , I blow mine up by mouth when I need them 

In group buy price I think babz were $104 for 4 delivered I think , black with neat logo white against my black and white boat

Edited by granddaddy55