Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 23' LSV - Recommendations

MaseBeebs22

First off, I want to say thank you to everyone has commented back on my previous posts. Your feedback has helped immensely throughout this process. 

After meeting with a few dealers, I sat in a 22' LSV & a 23' LSV. For a foot difference in size I could definitely tell it would be worth the extra money in order to get a couple more people onto the boat or more comfortably. I wouldn't have even checked out the 23' if it wasn't for a few of you.

Turns out one of my best friend's dad has purchased seven boats from the sales rep at the dealership I visited over the weekend. Thankfully I messaged him on my way out to the dealership. Looks like I'm getting a good deal and I enjoyed the sales rep. After looking at a few boats and discussing numbers I've decided to just customize the boat. We talked about the features/options on the boat and got within a number where I'm comfortable signing and finalizing. The range really just comes from the upcharge on certain colors.

With that, I'm looking for a couple more recommendations. On your 2019 23' LSV what features do you find worth it such as the Wake View Bench Seating, Upgraded Steering Wheel, Extra Speakers, etc.

Lastly, does anyone have any great photos of Vapor Blue or Vapor Blue Metallic boats? I'm leaning toward Vapor Blue/Vapor Blue Metallic & White.

Thanks in advance, 

Mason

I opted for the vertical seat adjustment. I am the 80th percentile of 5'9" and with the seat fully raised my face is above the windshield line and my feet are dangling about 3" above the floor without the bolster flipped up. My wife was all over that and the flip down transom which is pricey, but happy wife... Wake view box got checked, but that was mostly a resale point from the wife perspective. It will be used though. Didn't do the flip down corners, IME most people make a straight line from the transom to the interior. Even my dealer said "he wouldn't do the steering wheel controls as there is so much redundancy in the screens already". M5/M6 come with the sea strainer already which would of been a must for me and the battery charger box was checked.

Steering Wheel - Nope

Wakeview Bench - Some people love it but most don't end us using it

Speakers - Wetsounds.  Size/model up to you depending on your application.  Do you want to hear them wakeboarding or just surfing and swimming?  A pair of Rev 10's should do the job.

2 minutes ago, eubanks said:

Steering Wheel - Nope

Wakeview Bench - Some people love it but most don't end us using it

Speakers - Wetsounds.  Size/model up to you depending on your application.  Do you want to hear them wakeboarding or just surfing and swimming?  A pair of Rev 10's should do the job.

Malibu won't do one set of Rev-10s. Maybe on the Rev-8s but not the Rev-10s.

20 minutes ago, wdr said:

Gotcha.  Our dealer orders them without sub and tower speakers and has a local shop do whatever you want.  That's always a good way to go as well.

I dont know about low profit. But you do need to know how to integrate with the factory stuff. Very similar to cars today, and if you arent familiar with different way to do it, I could see it being a real problem.

4 hours ago, eubanks said:

@MaseBeebs22 This might be exactly what you want.  :-)

Boat.jpg

Love this! This is one of the first great pictures I’ve seen of the metallic. In the “Build My Boat” site on Malibu it’s so hard to get an accurate representation of how different the vapor blue and vapor blue metallic are. Does the vapor blue metallic look much different than the vinyl interior? 

27 minutes ago, MaseBeebs22 said:

Love this! This is one of the first great pictures I’ve seen of the metallic. In the “Build My Boat” site on Malibu it’s so hard to get an accurate representation of how different the vapor blue and vapor blue metallic are. Does the vapor blue metallic look much different than the vinyl interior? 

Assume you’re asking about vapor blue metallic against the blue vinyl. We debated about doing something like this but the wife ultimately said ‘no’. She didn’t like the color difference.

Edit: vapor blue metallic is a new color for 2019. Prior to that the comparable color was stratosphere blue metallic and had a little different hue than the 2019  

88779CE9-826C-4E3C-A41E-5E1E7C482E3B.jpeg

Edited by G Spot
ahopkins22LSV
12 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Think I could stare intently at that azure flake for hours.

Steve B.

I do :blush:

Anyway, to the OP, I demo’d a boat for a decent amount of time this past summer with the command stearing wheel and after that I’d never check the box. It’s over kill for one, but I almost smoked my hand/fingers on it multiple times. I really didn’t like the design of it. Power seat is a good option, I probably should have checked that box. I went with the sub and tower speakers because I have a toddler and don’t have time for a 8-12hour stereo install project as much as I would have enjoyed it. 

2 hours ago, G Spot said:

Assume you’re asking about vapor blue metallic against the blue vinyl. We debated about doing something like this but the wife ultimately said ‘no’. She didn’t like the color difference.

Edit: vapor blue metallic is a new color for 2019. Prior to that the comparable color was stratosphere blue metallic and had a little different hue than the 2019  

88779CE9-826C-4E3C-A41E-5E1E7C482E3B.jpeg

This is exactly what concerned me as well. 

1 hour ago, bbattiste247 said:

This is the vapor blue metallic and black with vapor blue interior. We love it.

20190126_163640.jpg

20190126_163540.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Do you recognize much color change between the interior/exterior vapor blue?

9 hours ago, wdr said:

I ordered my boat without tower speakers, and my dealerships parts department ordered a factory set of Rev10s and Malibu amp and installed at the dealer.  I did this for 2 reasons.

1. I like the look of the factory Rev10s better then aftermarket.

2. I wanted the warranty, as they are covered by the 5 year (same as ordered with boat)

if I were to do it again, I would have just got aftermarket Rev10s and amp.  I’m not pleased by how the factory Rev10s sound.  Speakers are great, I just don’t think they are getting enough power to them with the factory amp.

Edited by SCMike
3 hours ago, MaseBeebs22 said:

Thanks for sharing! Do you recognize much color change between the interior/exterior vapor blue?

No, they seem to match pretty well. I was in a boat with the interior nearly the same as mine, but the grey and black accents were white and the blue didn't pop as much. But with the black and grey accents the blue seems to be darker.  

7 hours ago, SCMike said:

I ordered my boat without tower speakers, and my dealerships parts department ordered a factory set of Rev10s and Malibu amp and installed at the dealer.  I did this for 2 reasons.

1. I like the look of the factory Rev10s better then aftermarket.

2. I wanted the warranty, as they are covered by the 5 year (same as ordered with boat)

if I were to do it again, I would have just got aftermarket Rev10s and amp.  I’m not pleased by how the factory Rev10s sound.  Speakers are great, I just don’t think they are getting enough power to them with the factory amp.

Got to agree, compared to my factory Revs the Malibu Rev grill covers are uninspiring at best . From everything that I have been ready about the newer stock stereo systems, I hope I am not going to miss my 420 as much as it sounds like I will. I can't seem to find out the Malibu specs on the amp(s) for 2 pair of Rev-10s. Anyone know?

20 minutes ago, wdr said:

Got to agree, compared to my factory Revs the Malibu Rev grill covers are uninspiring at best . From everything that I have been ready about the newer stock stereo systems, I hope I am not going to miss my 420 as much as it sounds like I will. I can't seem to find out the Malibu specs on the amp(s) for 2 pair of Rev-10s. Anyone know?

SD2 IIRC

I think it has more to do with the lack of adjustable tuning and gain level that is choking off the towers.

pull the factory amps (sell on CL or classifieds here) , buy the adapter and drop in an aftermarket amp, you may take a $100-200 hit , but it would be a worthwhile jump in stereo Performance.

if it’s an SD2 

2x400@4om

2x620@2ohm

that should be plenty of power for 1 or 2, pairs, which means that factory gain level is probably choked down to the 10-15% power range.

edit: if you do this for the towers, do it for the interiors/sub amp as well

Edited by Stevo
35 minutes ago, Stevo said:

I think it has more to do with the lack of adjustable tuning and gain level that is choking off the towers.

pull the factory amps (sell on CL or classifieds here) , buy the adapter and drop in an aftermarket amp, you may take a $100-200 hit , but it would be a worthwhile jump in stereo Performance.

if it’s an SD2 

2x400@4om

2x620@2ohm

that should be plenty of power for 1 or 2, pairs, which means that factory gain level is probably choked down to the 10-15% power range.

edit: if you do this for the towers, do it for the interiors/sub amp as well

Thanks for the heads up.  I have some work to do on my '17 this spring.

I've doing all factory stereo except for the tower speakers.  Our local dealer (WSA) has a nearby shop that flush mounts the Rev 10's.  The shelf-looking brackets for Malibu are so awful IMO.

We went with the vapor metallic gel coat and vapor vinyl accents.  I think the colors with differ slightly which was our concern as well, but I think this is mostly due to material difference.  And as you can see above in @bbattiste247's pic above, it's a pretty close match.