Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the original Malibu depth finder transducer?

Hello, new to the malibu site and world with a 2001 Sunsetter LXI. I'm fixing several little things and have really appreciated the info in this forum. I've read the other depth finder posts and it seems the original equipment on this era is obsolete, plus my original gauge now has a perfect pass insturment in its place. Before I cut the wire and drill a bigger hole in the hull, this is the transducer right and not something else??

I'm planning to go with a Faria gauge and matching thru hull transducer. Thanks!! ( hope you can see the pic?)

https://imgur.com/a/czKuDiO

That looks like a transducer to me (but I have never looked for the oem one).

Are you really going to cut the wire, or carefully remove it so you can sell it to someone here who needs one? 

Thanks, wanted to make sure. If I can get the wire out through the tangled mess I will. It feels like it is zip tied to the battery cables or something in there. I've taken the heater hoses out and it's all still very tight under the floor. 

Blind Squirrel, I'm on the MO side of KC. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/29/2019 at 7:55 AM, Looking said:

I posted the OEM transducer for sale on skiitagain.com

i nicked my wire near the depth module , looks like i need a transducer puck im assuming with wire that will fit OEM 2004 VLX the one with the dash display that toggles through Temps, Hours and Depth..depth is now flashing 0.5 ..will yours work for mine? does anyone have model number for mine?