Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

25 lsv

The Hulk

Are there any confirmations on the added height freeboard of this 19 model compared to previous years?

is the back sunpad actually smaller or is the boat shorter on sides because they v the back to a point, smaller locker doors access?

Just trying to decide if this boat is less roomy than previous years or not or if it's just an illusion? 

Any owners in one of these yet that can comment on the GX verse the g4 in the speaker locations in the way or not? 

There's so many small features I like but nothing major... Swim platform wife loves it.. finishing touches all a little bit nicer... 

The table with the bench seat would be great if the cup holders were recessed instead of bulging up and if it could be folded down flat for a bed.. 

If only there was a walkthrough... 2020???

I think not having the walkthrough is the tradeoff for having a place to lay in the sun.   Mine is currently shrinkwrapped at the factory and waiting to be shipped, Yayyyy!  So I would be happy to measure door openings and swimstep for you if you would like in a couple of weeks.  I think the openings have always been small on a boat of its size because of the small useless storage compartments in the back/place to sit.  

What do you mean by speakers in the way?  

The table option was nearly 3K MSRP, so although I thought it was really cool, I just didn't think it was worth that much.  I was on a budget, so had to say no.  

As far as roominess, it seems really big...but I did actually wonder if my old 247 was a little bigger in the cockpit.  I just figured it was an illusion.  

I just picked mine up today, and we will be out in it tomorrow. I had it at home and while I was putting things in it, I was thinking this thing is not as roomy as I thought it would be. We mainly miss the the storage bin under the rear seat. We had a hard time finding a place for the ropes and flag, so I bought a container for under the seat. It is still big, but the console behind the helm seems to take up a lot of room, but am AO 48 can cooler fits in there perfectly.

Did sub floor ballast increase? Smaller compartments maybe? Illusion or there is simply less space compared to previous model years. I cant put my finger on it, but it does appear the back corners of boat were chopped off and angled towards back making smaller sunpad, angle design looks sharp from above but perhaps less function.. just can't put my finger on it.. and maybe it's one reason why they made the person capacity 1 less this year

With a Walkthrough, most boats have optional filler cushion to complete a sunpad. 

Speakers: no longer above, now on sides ie don't stand up from a seat without watching head. Also boards in some positions cant swing inward without hitting speakers. (Not that I care with my new boat lift)

Seems to be G3 positioning, so is the GX tower shorter than g4 now? G4 is tall which I like I couldn't help but feel the GX was lower, maybe someone can measure. If boat sides were increased (still wanting confirmation) and tower lower than g4 then overall height may still be same.. 

3k for wakebench table.. ouch should lay flat for that price! 

ahopkins22LSV

I feel the interior might look smaller because of the permanent back rest on the drivers side although one could probably argue that it is more functional with that. I like it in my friends Ri237. From what I can see from what through videos the storage is just as much or more from the first gen 25, but I haven’t crawled around in a new one yet.

I also feel Malibu has made it pretty clear that the walk through is only on the mxz’s and m235. I’m torn on it, using an mxz, yea it is nice but then a full sun pad is also nice. I think I still prefer the sun pad. 

Edited by ahopkinsVTX
10 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Did sub floor ballast increase? Smaller compartments maybe? Illusion or there is simply less space compared to previous model years. I cant put my finger on it, but it does appear the back corners of boat were chopped off and angled towards back making smaller sunpad, angle design looks sharp from above but perhaps less function.. just can't put my finger on it.. and maybe it's one reason why they made the person capacity 1 less this year

With a Walkthrough, most boats have optional filler cushion to complete a sunpad. 

Speakers: no longer above, now on sides ie don't stand up from a seat without watching head. Also boards in some positions cant swing inward without hitting speakers. (Not that I care with my new boat lift)

Seems to be G3 positioning, so is the GX tower shorter than g4 now? G4 is tall which I like I couldn't help but feel the GX was lower, maybe someone can measure. If boat sides were increased (still wanting confirmation) and tower lower than g4 then overall height may still be same.. 

3k for wakebench table.. ouch should lay flat for that price! 

Was out in our 2019 25 lsv today. Wake seat is a must in a 25 for sure. We used it a lot today and all we did is have one wakeboarder.  We are waiting to reach the 10 hour and an oil change before we fill her up and start surfing. 

11 hours ago, The Hulk said:

I think the subfloor ballast increased...sort of.  It got the same wonky tanks that I think the LSV now has that are L-shaped and fill up the sidewalls of the compartments.  

My first G23 I got the walkthrough cushions.  They were huge because the walkway is like 10 inches deep and 48 inches long or so.  So they took up a lot of storage space if you kept them with you but didn't install them.  Because they got put on a shelf in the garage, they never got used.  In addition, they were a danger to walk on, being foam that is 10 inches thick and with gaps on both edges and in the middle.  My second G did not have them and I did not even think about it.  Although Malibu could engineer better pads, I still think you will either put them in permanently or take them out permanently.  I am excited to have a sunpad back.  

• Like 2