Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone powder coat wheels?

REHinH20

I am considering powder coating rims.  Has anyone done this or have any suggestions?  The place I'm using will be using low heat technology, so the temps will not go over 310.  I asked because I was worried about warping.  Any other concerns?

I had a local company powder coat my Chevy Trailblazer SS stock rims (20" Polished Aluminum).   I had my concerns about warping etc. but they came out fantastic.  I chose a darker gray color.   I thought about having my trailer wheels done to match color but I just don't care about the trailer wheels as much.  I have pics I could send you, they aren't the best photos but you can see how they came out.

I would recommend it as long as the Powder Coat Shop says it won't be a problem for the rims.

I have had 2 different sets of classic car wheels powder coated and the only issue was color match. warping was not an issue. I was tying to match original silver painted rims and could not get a match, however, the quality was great. both cars have been sold so no pictures.