Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Model Year Predictions & Emerging Facts Thread

Raimie

Has this already been discussed....?  There is a new bimini on the 24MXZ that covers the entire lounge...  I am late to this game if so..

24 mxz bimini.png

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

Has this already been discussed....?  There is a new bimini on the 24MXZ that covers the entire lounge...  I am late to this game if so..

24 mxz bimini.png

Wow... I seriously thought this was a joke till I saw it in the email. 

56 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

24 mxz bimini.png

Your move Montara! :rofl:

I think my wife would like this especially with keeping our 6 wk old in the shade better.  Obviously, wouldn't want it out while wakeboarding.

The surf pockets have been rotated some to help with easier storage and retrieval it appears.

Edited by bcoppess23
  • Like 2
On 7/21/2019 at 10:47 AM, bass10a said:

Do you mean 102” beam or is it really 108? I thought towing restrictions keep 102” the max beam but 108 would sure make a huge difference 

It's 102". I think i may have been drinking /dreaming when I said 108. :) 

11 hours ago, bcoppess23 said:

24 mxz bimini.png

would be sweet if tied up on a hot day

• Like 3

Hmm, not as cool then.  I just heard it called the Malibu Monsoon supercharged 550.   Carryon then if it isn’t their new version.  I have heard it is in the works.....

13 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Malibu Supercharged motors are out there now. I haven’t seen any talk on them.  Called a 550......

279CF34C-100C-4159-86FD-08A5401EEB58.png

Thats the PCM/Crusader engine.

Monsoon name is because of the monsoon branding that has been on the motors for years.

I'm loving the 2020 logos on the side.  the extra 3d aspect adds a nice touch.  Just ordered a set in white for our 18' and can't wait for them to show up.

ahopkins22LSV

So this is new but I don’t know what it is... mounted on the bow roller post on a 23MXZ. 

52970F2B-6261-4373-8B38-51E59F7ACEFA.thumb.jpeg.c30e8987f31dabc02870e0a8198d5e46.jpeg

Sat inside the 23mxz for a bit today. The new dash is quite nice to use. Definitely nicer for a faster boot up. Although my daughter went right to the 7” vertical screen on the left and started pushing everything she could see. I think I still prefer the screen on the right. 

The 23 is well designed by Malibu. The exterior lines look the best of any mxz imo and the interior just feels right. Good size, good floor space, good storage. Lots of phone holders and charger plugs. There will be no shortages for people to charge their phone. 

EF08411B-D944-405B-99A3-638A41431C8F.thumb.jpeg.78d54b8bd14f8928036959ec96d93299.jpeg

A few other new new things I noticed were they have the flip-down seats to step on at entry even with the wakeview seating. New bow and underwater lights. Crazy bright. Underwater lights are also mounted all the way outside to not be hindered by the wedge or surf pipe. Forward and backward facing tower lights are actually in the navigation light post. Didn’t even notice them on at first as I was hitting the button until my salesman stood up to look and I blinded him.. oops. New floor drain locations, one at the front of the bow walkway and one at the most rear corner of the driver foot area. Two perfect places for those. I like the shallower walkthrough of the  23 too. Sorry I didn’t get more pictures was in for a quick convo and my daughter was running all over. 

Oh and it looks like the 21 vlx gets the newer 3/4 windshield like was seen on the vtx picture posted earlier. 

55 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

So this is new but I don’t know what it is... mounted on the bow roller post on a 23MXZ. 

52970F2B-6261-4373-8B38-51E59F7ACEFA.thumb.jpeg.c30e8987f31dabc02870e0a8198d5e46.jpeg

Sat inside the 23mxz for a bit today. The new dash is quite nice to use. Definitely nicer for a faster boot up. Although my daughter went right to the 7” vertical screen on the left and started pushing everything she could see. I think I still prefer the screen on the right. 

The 23 is well designed by Malibu. The exterior lines look the best of any mxz imo and the interior just feels right. Good size, good floor space, good storage. Lots of phone holders and charger plugs. There will be no shortages for people to charge their phone. 

EF08411B-D944-405B-99A3-638A41431C8F.thumb.jpeg.78d54b8bd14f8928036959ec96d93299.jpeg

A few other new new things I noticed were they have the flip-down seats to step on at entry even with the wakeview seating. New bow and underwater lights. Crazy bright. Underwater lights are also mounted all the way outside to not be hindered by the wedge or surf pipe. Forward and backward facing tower lights are actually in the navigation light post. Didn’t even notice them on at first as I was hitting the button until my salesman stood up to look and I blinded him.. oops. New floor drain locations, one at the front of the bow walkway and one at the most rear corner of the driver foot area. Two perfect places for those. I like the shallower walkthrough of the  23 too. Sorry I didn’t get more pictures was in for a quick convo and my daughter was running all over. 

Oh and it looks like the 21 vlx gets the newer 3/4 windshield like was seen on the vtx picture posted earlier. 

Bilge Alert High water alarm?  Does the trailer yell at you if you back in too far?  That just seems silly.  Or are they just using that as a water proof switch for trailer runway lights, etc.  

ahopkins22LSV
10 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Bilge Alert High water alarm?  Does the trailer yell at you if you back in too far?  That just seems silly.  Or are they just using that as a water proof switch for trailer runway lights, etc.  

I honestly have no idea. Salesman wasn’t sure either. I was thinking it was some sort of monitoring system if you store the boat outside on the trailer. You could toggle it on or to “armed”. I’m totally guessing though. 

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

This is a two piece product. A sensor goes in the bilge. It can alert you if you start taking in water in the boat most likely from forgetting to put the plug back in. The alarm goes off at the trailer so you don’t unhook the boat.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Hemmy said:

This is a two piece product. A sensor goes in the bilge. It can alert you if you start taking in water in the boat most likely from forgetting to put the plug back in. The alarm goes off at the trailer so you don’t unhook the boat.

Would never work for me. Boat is unhooked and floating before anybody gets in it. I guess if it went off I could reach down and put the plug in. How much range does it have.