Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Model Year Predictions & Emerging Facts Thread

Raimie

Props to Malibu for making a V-drive on their three-event hull!  There's definitely less chine spray on this VTX than the last one just comparing intro videos.

But yeah, the walk-through videos can get cheeseball at times...

Edited by UWSkier
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, Raimie said:

They did a great job on this. It looks like it is getting a bimini similar to the Axis style... I haven't seen any pics of that yet... did I miss it?

Agreed.  The walk thru video is amazing. I love the interviews how they go deep into some of the features, capabilities, and design logic. 

40 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I love the interviews how they go deep into some of the features

Yeah, whoda thunk a Malibu employee or sponsored skier would say good things about the hand that feeds them.  :)

3 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Props to Malibu for making a V-drive on their three-event hull! 

No offense, but that is NOT a trick wake.  Of course the wrap wake-O is pretty shmeared so it is hard to tell.

That tower would restrict you to 15 off. max.  From the front pylon anyway.  Although the video says there is a removable pylon.  Of course a removable centre pylon has been around for decades.

Not a hater at all.  Just not a fan boy of the usual marketing schtick.  (And I bet you thought the removable pylon - industry first? - was a game changer, even though it has been around for literally decades).  

Edited by Eagleboy99
8 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Not a hater at all.  Just not a fan boy of the usual marketing schtick.  (And I bet you thought the removable pylon - industry first? - was a game changer, even though it has been around for literally decades).  

Yea I agree with the bolded statement. How about put some more time and money into your upholstery/stitching/QC and a legit quality product for the crazy amount of money they are charging. 

Not a hater, I think I will always have a Malibu, I think they are the best looking wakeboard boats around, (G-seires is pretty sick too)  and know that every manufacturer has their issues but you can make a pretty ad like that but let a stitch that isn’t straight go pass QC 😂 

I’m with IXFE on this one...i thought the video was well thought out and informative.  Hell, made me want to buy a VTX LOL.  I know they are definitely bias videos, but thats ok, its their time to spread their message and inform potential buyers.

Even with the marketing $ they spend i still believe Malibu delivers a great value to the customer.  My dealer is great to fix any issues the QC misses, so I’m not too worried about that...

ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

That tower would restrict you to 15 off. max.  From the front pylon anyway.  Although the video says there is a removable pylon.  Of course a removable centre pylon has been around for decades.

You are wrong, center pylon and tower are in the same position as mine and I Ski mine at 32 off all the time. Rope does touch the tower at times, but it’s at the apex of the turn so it has zero affect on you. 

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
9 hours ago, UWSkier said:

And it even comes in the right color (Vapor Blue is back for 2020 it seems).

Can't put on the ski tower in the boat builder yet.  Three different gel schemes on this one too.

SC 2019-08-27 at 7.05.55 PM.png

That looks pretty sick. Vapor blue never went away btw, stratosphere blue flake went away in 2019 and vapor blue flake, azure blue flake, and zephyr blue flake was added. 

10 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That looks pretty sick. Vapor blue never went away btw, stratosphere blue flake went away in 2019 and vapor blue flake, azure blue flake, and zephyr blue flake was added. 

I noticed you can't select the graphite color for the tower for a G3.5 for the 2020 models.  You can select grey for the GX.  I have seen some 2020 models with a G3.5 tower in graphite but not in the builder.

2 minutes ago, mrothwell said:

That looks great.  As an 07 VTX owner who skis, this looks great...... OTHER THAN THAT HIDEOUS TOWER.

I suspect this boat would actually be one of the few Malibu makes that would actually look better without a tower if you did the right color pattern and combo.

20 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Dude better hide his daughters!

Tell me that family is not every 20 something single guys that's into skiing/boarding wet dream to marry into!

49 minutes ago, oceanbu said:

Dude better hide his daughters!

Tell me that family is not every 20 something single guys that's into skiing/boarding wet dream to marry into!

Mmmh, maybe if they had the mythical M240.....:whistle: And no one in their 20's ski's anymore...