Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Model Year Predictions & Emerging Facts Thread

Raimie

3 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I honestly have no idea. Salesman wasn’t sure either. I was thinking it was some sort of monitoring system if you store the boat outside on the trailer. You could toggle it on or to “armed”. I’m totally guessing though. 

It always amazes me when a Malibu salesman, who presumably attended the dealer meeting, has no clue what a new feature is. Apparently can’t walk 20’ to his desk to look it up either while a customer is there. 

Somebody at that dealership had to check that box... it sure didn’t check itself.  Lol

I’m not paid to do this and I wasn’t invited to any dealer meeting. I’ve never laid eyes on a 2020 yet and I don’t have a login to the order portal. But somehow I know this and your salesman doesn’t:

Backup Depth Alarm: $322 MSRP

There are a few other new trailer options. But I’m sure your salesman told you all about those. 

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

It always amazes me when a Malibu salesman, who presumably attended the dealer meeting, has no clue what a new feature is. Apparently can’t walk 20’ to his desk to look it up either while a customer is there. 

Somebody at that dealership had to check that box... it sure didn’t check itself.  Lol

I’m not paid to do this and I wasn’t invited to any dealer meeting. I’ve never laid eyes on a 2020 yet and I don’t have a login to the order portal. But somehow I know this and your salesman doesn’t:

There are a few other new trailer options. But I’m sure your salesman told you all about those. 

Clearly mod duties come with benefits😂

ahopkins22LSV
4 hours ago, IXFE said:

Yeah he could have, but we also had more important things to talk about. ;) We weren’t focused on trailer options. It was literally a 2 second observation when we both saw that as we were walking to the back of the boat to get in it and then we moved back to our other conversation. It was not intended to bad mouth him, but it was something new so I figured I’d post it here... Shame on me I guess. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yeah he could have, but we also had more important things to talk about. ;) We weren’t focused on trailer options. It was literally a 2 second observation when we both saw that as we were walking to the back of the boat to get in it and then we moved back to our other conversation. It was not intended to bad mouth him, but it was something new so I figured I’d post it here... Shame on me I guess. 

No you missed my point... shame on your salesman for not understanding the product he sells. 

Aside from new models and obvious design changes (e.g. new dash), there are only like 3-4 new check box options a year. I guess I’m just surprised (not surprised) he didn’t know what that was. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, IXFE said:

No you missed my point... shame on your salesman for not understanding the product he sells. 

Aside from new models and obvious design changes (e.g. new dash), there are only like 3-4 new check box options a year. I guess I’m just surprised (not surprised) he didn’t know what that was. 

This has been my general experience in a lot of areas, but especially around boats, nearly every question i have had, has been met with, "I'll have to check....."

Thank goodness the crew is here to actually provide the information.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Fair enough I was just trying to say in the moment it wasn’t that way and made zero impact to the conversation we were having. 

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

I have to agree with this. I have seen in past threads people complaining because they missed out on new features that were available but not yet made public by Malibu. Sometimes it sounded like the salesman didn’t bring it up or explain it to the buyer. I would hate to miss out on something the dealer didn’t know about or know what it was. 

On 7/26/2019 at 7:34 AM, agarabaghi said:

have you seen the new tower? its the zft 2, much better than the 19 and older nxt. The 2020 NXT is completly new from the groundup , designed and priced againts the A22

To each their own, i will give respect when deserved and the new NXT22 will be something to compete with the A22. 

I would comfort features the NXT winds by a slight margin, wake / wave the A22 will hold its own if we are comparing stock wakes. 

How many redesigns does Mastercraft have to do on there boats? They used to be a top of the line brand that has slowly eroded year after year.  Bad hull designs, ugly towers, odd lines, the list goes on and on.  They truly have lost market share and need a something big to get back in the game.  The previous NXT had a terrible wakeboard wake and a mediocre at best surf wave.  Let's see if they flop this one too, time will tell.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Fman said:

How many redesigns does Mastercraft have to do on there boats? They used to be a top of the line brand that has slowly eroded year after year.  Bad hull designs, ugly towers, odd lines, the list goes on and on.  They truly have lost market share and need a something big to get back in the game.  The previous NXT had a terrible wakeboard wake and a mediocre at best surf wave.  Let's see if they flop this one too, time will tell.

They are slowley finding their styling with the hump back and whale bottom. The new NXT was actually designed geared for surfing so it should provide a nice wave stock, and a really good wave weighted. Unfortunately when they focus on making the surf wave good, the wakeboard wave suffers a bit. I really hope they add auto launch or triple tab launch to the NXT line. This year im sticking with an A22 again.  

9 hours ago, AussieSkier said:

Anyone got any word on the new VTX yet? Hanging out here in Aus to see the new model before I put an order in...….

Only this from Boating Magazine.  The blue boat is the 20 VTX with the Axis tower and windshield.  I have seen a 2020 21 VLX with the same Axis windshield but still the G 3.5 tower.

1 hour ago, Hemmy said:

Only this from Boating Magazine.  The blue boat is the 20 VTX with the Axis tower and windshield.  I have seen a 2020 21 VLX with the same Axis windshield but still the G 3.5 tower.

That’s not an Axis tower or windshield. Sorta close, but not the same.

107C60DD-3629-4852-9212-B576054C5896.jpeg

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Hemmy said:

Maybe a dumb question, but what is the contraption just under the bow eye in the pic above?

2 minutes ago, amartin said:

Maybe a dumb question, but what is the contraption just under the bow eye in the pic above?

Bow camera.

Helps when loading on the trailer to make sure you are centered on the bow stop.

1 minute ago, boardjnky4 said:

OK, who's going to leak the M240 pics? Dealers were at TN and word on the FB page is the official release is October.

Pretty sure it is on media lockdown.

Luckily I was there and all I can say is that it was SICK. In a good way.

ahopkins22LSV

Looks like the TXi tower on the VTX. I’m wondering if the G3.5 is still an option. The bimini coverage is better imo and it just looks better. If I skied it hardcore everyday I totally get the new tower as it won’t interfere with the ski rope but it barely touches at -32 off and it’s hardly noticeable. We shall see!

Looks like the center bow cushion extends into the walkway which could be interesting. 

One thing I really like which I haven’t seen mentioned yet, is the new or refreshed models for 2020 look much more plush again. When the first two piece style hulls came out on the 23 LSV and others I thought the interior looked a bit bare, not bad, just not the typical plush interior we’ve grown used to. The VTX looks very nice which barely glass exposed and the 23 MXZ I crawled around in earlier this week was the same way. Good improvement IMo. 

• Like 1