Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Model Year Predictions & Emerging Facts Thread

Raimie

1 hour ago, semi said:

i would take the tower on the Axis or that Bu over the NXT tower any day. Some say the nxt will be popular but the tower on that boat is hideous. The axis style tower is light years better looking. 

have you seen the new tower? its the zft 2, much better than the 19 and older nxt. The 2020 NXT is completly new from the groundup , designed and priced againts the A22

To each their own, i will give respect when deserved and the new NXT22 will be something to compete with the A22. 

I would comfort features the NXT winds by a slight margin, wake / wave the A22 will hold its own if we are comparing stock wakes. 

Edited by agarabaghi
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

IMHO, the NXT (old and new) is barely one step above the Wake Tractor. Sorry. 

I know this is a Malibu forum but jeez. To barely put it above the Wake Tractor and pretend that Axis are good looking :shocked:

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

I would comfort features the NXT winds by a slight margin, wake / wave the A22 will hold its own if we are comparing stock wakes. 

Slight margin?  I surf a 18 22 NXT a few times a month.  My 21 VLX blows it out of the water.  No real comparison.  I am sure if you do the "add lead here," "move people here," etc.... things change.  But out of the gate - no comparison and the guy that owns the boat will tell you the same thing.  Not the same for the X22, X23 or the other models (super sweet boats).

7 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Slight margin?  I surf a 18 22 NXT a few times a month.  My 21 VLX blows it out of the water.  No real comparison.  I am sure if you do the "add lead here," "move people here," etc.... things change.  But out of the gate - no comparison and the guy that owns the boat will tell you the same thing.  Not the same for the X22, X23 or the other models (super sweet boats).

Again, he's talking about the new 2020 model.

That's the funny thing. First impressions are everything, and now the NXT has zero momentum in the marketplace, and has made a name for itself as NOT being able to compete the others.

1 hour ago, PrestigeLakeWide said:

I know this is a Malibu forum but jeez. To barely put it above the Wake Tractor and pretend that Axis are good looking :shocked:

I agree, I would take an NXT over and Axis anyday from a styling perspective.

1 hour ago, PrestigeLakeWide said:

nxt22_10.jpg

Just not seeing how it's THAT bad.. This is from someone who was a huge hater on the previous NXT's.

Its not a bad looking boat but I hate the rub rail swooping line.  It looks like someone put too much lead in it and it buckled. 

See I personally don’t love some of the Malibu items such as the g3.5 tower. It arcs forward so the ropes always getting tangled in the racks and on the boards due to where the tow point is as well as the tower speakers mounted so low that the deafen the passengers. But I love both the axis and Malibu. But the people that say the axis are no good are just ignorant. A properly weighted T23 and a identically equipped 23LSV produce nearly identical wakes both surfing and wake boarding for 30-40k less. Yes the axis does not have screens but some prefer it that way.  These people that say this are probably the same ones that make fun of people driving a suburban instead of a Escalade. 

6 minutes ago, vanamp said:

Its not a bad looking boat but I hate the rub rail swooping line.  It looks like someone put too much lead in it and it buckled. 

You realize that all MCs do that right?  You also realize they do something very similar on the 22mxzs

14 minutes ago, 05hammerhead said:

You realize that all MCs do that right?  You also realize they do something very similar on the 22mxzs

Someone must've not seen the 25lsv either

2 hours ago, PrestigeLakeWide said:

nxt22_10.jpg

Baby Got Back!!:rofl:

I do not like the lines. And As well I dont like the lines of Axis. On the 25 at least they go down and stay straight. They dont raise up like a bubble. And the rub rail on the 25 is also nice as it will contact the dock, not the gel. If I am spending this much I am going to get what I like.61453CFD-219A-432D-A660-1461FD8A700D.thumb.jpeg.20a6e65186b04f3944d9bf6cb9249aba.jpeg

Edited by Sparky450
  • Like 3
42 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Yeah... MCs have junk in the trunk...  But the 25 LSV reminds me of this every time I see one so...

2017-Honda-Odyssey-rear-three-quarter.jp

I am with you, not a fan of the funky new 25LSV gel lines at all.  Looks way better with a mostly solid color.