Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Model Year Predictions & Emerging Facts Thread

Raimie

I want to see an A23 for the axis...... I want that little bit more room with that 108 beam, without the narrowness of the T in the bow.... also recessed cup holders in the bow of the axis boats.

• 2 weeks later...

may be old news or a copy and paste error but the 2020 23 lsv is showing a 17" prop in the classifieds. wonder if the t23 gets the same? if so I will be very interested! :)

6 minutes ago, Cipro said:

As seen headed to Wakefest this am...

booty boost.jpg

side mxz23 2020.jpg

That's sweet!  That is how Nautique did their rear thrusters.

2 minutes ago, IXFE said:

23 MXZ looks STUPID sick (in a very good way). 

I’ve said it before I’ll say it again... Malibu will sell A LOT of those boats. 

I agree!!  This is a sick boat!!

Is it safe (dangerous word) to assume that the other lines will see the upgraded helm and control that we see here? Hoping the 2020 25LSV gets the update with sport knob on the right. 

1 hour ago, timmypop said:

Is it safe (dangerous word) to assume that the other lines will see the upgraded helm and control that we see here? Hoping the 2020 25LSV gets the update with sport knob on the right. 

I think that's the direction for all 2020 boats in the Malibu line. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Cipro said:

As seen headed to Wakefest this am...

booty boost.jpg

side mxz23 2020.jpg

Nice looking boat, but the thrusters look like docking training wheels, and those are some expensive training wheels...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 7/7/2019 at 6:17 PM, sparker19 said:

I want to see an A23 for the axis...... I want that little bit more room with that 108 beam, without the narrowness of the T in the bow.... also recessed cup holders in the bow of the axis boats.

Do you mean 102” beam or is it really 108? I thought towing restrictions keep 102” the max beam but 108 would sure make a huge difference 

I was on a local dealers Facebook page and they reposted some pictures from Boating Magazine's page.  They have a Axis tower and windshield on a Malibu 20 VTX.

image.thumb.png.3ca5dc88a09d296a651558e03e3ab6d4.png

Edited by Hemmy

If the above is the case i hope that comes with a good price drop vs the usual YoY price increase. The axis tower is the biggest dislike of the line. Really wish they would get some shocks to assist lifting/lowering.

So on some pics I see the walkthrough speakers gone. That should have happened a long time ago. But I only see a single captains speaker replacing them at the helm. Is there a matching speaker somewhere on the port side or is the driver just going to get half of the stereo music?

Malibu, take my advice. Change that speaker to a component style instead of coaxial. Give the tweeter more angle and point it right at where the driver’s head is. Do that on the other side as well with a matching speaker. It’ll sound better and with the right DSP tune it’ll sound amazing

50 minutes ago, Hemmy said:

I was on a local dealers Facebook page and they reposted some pictures from Boating Magazine's page.  They have a Axis tower and windshield on a Malibu 20 VTX.

image.thumb.png.3ca5dc88a09d296a651558e03e3ab6d4.png

Maybe there is a T20 incoming? Wouldn't be surprised to see them take the VTX and turn it into an Axis. They can compete with a much lower pricepoint that way too.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

Maybe there is a T20 incoming? Wouldn't be surprised to see them take the VTX and turn it into an Axis. They can compete with a much lower pricepoint that way too.

I've heard rumblings about a T20 in the past...I'd love to see this.

The one thing i noticed on the video is the way the seats open. Kind of wish they reversed that. As someone who doesn't tow with a cover on, i can see these lifting in the wind and snapping off. 

ahopkins22LSV

I heard they modified the tower and windshield on the VTX to not interfere with the slalom rope at all, but I am not so sure how I feel about that.

From what I can see though, I like the rest of the changes!