Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

22’ or 23’ LSV - TableRock Lake

MaseBeebs22

8 hours ago, AJwakedevil said:

Thats good info to konw. I wonder how factual that is vs. a tall tale to keep others out of their prized and treasured coves ;)

@AJwakedevil, I understand the tall tale scepticism, However, I saw it with my own eyes. A favorite cove we boarded in, when we came back the following year, the water was  very low and there were stumps sticking out all over the cove. I was a little freaked out to say the least. Some people tie milk jugs to the stumps to alert boaters. 

On 1/22/2019 at 10:06 PM, carguy79ta said:

@AJwakedevil, I understand the tall tale scepticism, However, I saw it with my own eyes. A favorite cove we boarded in, when we came back the following year, the water was  very low and there were stumps sticking out all over the cove. I was a little freaked out to say the least. Some people tie milk jugs to the stumps to alert boaters. 

Thats gnarly. Lake dubay in wisconsin has an area like this. Dammed up river, all farm land. When it was flooded, not all were cut down, or cut down far enough. We have caught a prop on a stump once when we drifted too far in the wrong direction. Always scarry thinking about what is under you. Especially after a big storm on the Mississippi up here in mn. for every log you see, there may be two below the surface. Had 2 near misses one day on the mississippi, when finally I fell surfing and heard screams from the boat. As I stood up chest deep I realized they thought I was getting impaled by a dead head that showed in the trough of the wave. I luckily just stood up on it but damn.. missed all the running gear of the boat by a foot...

• Like 2
On 1/22/2019 at 6:11 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yeah it’s not that the 6.2 raptor was bad, it was very good. I think the 6.0 just us a hair of an advantage due to the points I stated earlier. But it’s very close. Honestly the biggest this is probably it being smaller making maintence more convenient. 

And noise level. I hated the 17's/18's that I demoed

• Like 1

What is the Delta between a 22 and 23 It can't hardly be that much money, 23 is also a lot more popular boat if you're looking around for leftovers I would think a lot more choices and a better deal since it's more popular.. definitely go 23 if you can swing it... I don't think there's that much of a difference and the 23 gives you a lot more room what you appreciate if you're out on the water for long days or hours.. it 25 lsv isn't that much more considering the total price but is a drastic jump and what you get for the money.. I have always felt that the 21 in the 22 s r a ton of money for what you get in comparison to the larger boats.. one way to look at it is 95% of the boat cost are all there on a small or large boat just a little bit more material on larger models...