Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
ID AX

Moving to f250 diesel, need accessory options

Recommended Posts

ID AX

Moving to my next truck in a couple months and wondering what everyone is using for leveling kit and airbags?  I will be getting a 2019 F250 platinum diesel and want to level or small lift w/ airbags.  I will be running 35x12.5 Nitto Ridgelines.  Also looking at tonneau covers as well as other options.  Just curious what everyone’s setups are and any accessories I should consider?  This will be my company truck and will tow 12k+lbs periodically but mostly our boat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pnwrider

Carli commuter 2.0 with their rear leaf pack. Will give you 2.5” of lift and greatly improve the ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCMike

I’ve got a 17’ F-250 Platinum with 35 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers.  I don’t do any serious off-roading, so I opted for a level instead of a lift.  I did the BDS level with Fox shocks all the way around.  I also put on the fox steering stabilizer.  The truck rides really nice.  The first 3000 miles I regretted what I did because it rode like crap and the tires had not broken in.  After I put about 3k miles, everything settled in really nice and it rises great. For the tonneau cover I have the BAK revolver X2.  It’s pretty nice, but sometimes I wish I spent the extra money and got a retractable.  

EDIT: @Pnwrider had the best suggestion out of the gate.  From what I have read, The Carli Commuter gives the best ride you can buy (Better then stock) for these F-250. 

Edited by SCMike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jjackkrash

I drive my trucks from the dealer to my trusted stereo installer and have him replace all the garbage speakers and stock amp and install subs under the rear seats.  Then the ARE canopy goes on the bed.  I keep the rest of my trucks bone stock.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boardjnky4
On 1/19/2019 at 10:29 PM, Pnwrider said:

Carli commuter 2.0 with their rear leaf pack. Will give you 2.5” of lift and greatly improve the ride.

This! Although you can probably make do without the rear leaf pack and still have a great ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ID AX
On 1/19/2019 at 8:29 PM, Pnwrider said:

Carli commuter 2.0 with their rear leaf pack. Will give you 2.5” of lift and greatly improve the ride.

Definitely looking into this.  My brother just had a lift installed on his and it rides like poop.  I am only going to run 35s and this seems like the best option so far.  Also looking into tonneau covers and just found the couple of different threads here (thanks google).   Not really worried about the stereo at this point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stags79
16 hours ago, ID AX said:

Definitely looking into this.  My brother just had a lift installed on his and it rides like poop.  I am only going to run 35s and this seems like the best option so far.  Also looking into tonneau covers and just found the couple of different threads here (thanks google).   Not really worried about the stereo at this point.  

No need for a lift if your only going to run 35's.  I have a '17 running 285/75r18's on mine that measure out to just over 35x11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCMike
12 hours ago, stags79 said:

No need for a lift if your only going to run 35's.  I have a '17 running 285/75r18's on mine that measure out to just over 35x11.

+1  I have a 2 inch level, and am running 35x12s

there are many manufactures that make a level kit for these trucks.  The carli commuter is actually just a level and not a full lift.  BDS is the level I run on my F25O.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ID AX

I am only interested in leveling.  I leveled my f150 and I am running 35s so not worried about clearance on the f250.  I just want a good ride.  I am looking at the Carli backcountry 2.0 as an option.  Unfortunately there are no carli dealers anywhere close.  

Pretty sure I am going with an undercover tonneau cover.  Just waiting on the ok to pull the trigger on the truck.  Then I have to sell my f150.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boardjnky4
2 hours ago, ID AX said:

I am only interested in leveling.  I leveled my f150 and I am running 35s so not worried about clearance on the f250.  I just want a good ride.  I am looking at the Carli backcountry 2.0 as an option.  Unfortunately there are no carli dealers anywhere close.  

Pretty sure I am going with an undercover tonneau cover.  Just waiting on the ok to pull the trigger on the truck.  Then I have to sell my f150.  

There is a place out here in NC (NCB Diesel) that sold a friend of mine a really nice setup. It was King shocks (adjustable ride height) with the Carli track-bar. Really solid setup and rides amazingly well.

By all accounts, the King shocks seem to be ahead of Fox these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jjackkrash

Are you guys with lifted trucks towing heavy?  I personally do not like towing anything like a big travel trailer or heavy dump trailer with a lifted truck or bigger tires.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep
36 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

Are you guys with lifted trucks towing heavy?  I personally do not like towing anything like a big travel trailer or heavy dump trailer with a lifted truck or bigger tires.  

 

imagesB7O48T97.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ID AX
35 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

 

imagesB7O48T97.jpg

:lol:

5776F937-1C19-42CA-B9BC-10E9A5DB379A.jpeg

Edited by ID AX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep
5 minutes ago, ID AX said:

:lol:

5776F937-1C19-42CA-B9BC-10E9A5DB379A.jpeg

Actually they say 395 hp ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pra4sno
On 1/23/2019 at 11:20 AM, jjackkrash said:

Are you guys with lifted trucks towing heavy?  I personally do not like towing anything like a big travel trailer or heavy dump trailer with a lifted truck or bigger tires.  

My sentiments exactly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bovhica
Posted (edited)

I've got an 2011 F250 with 4" lift, air bags and 35s.  Rides terrible, worse than my previous stock 1 ton, ride gets better loaded or towing.  Still regret not just leveling and 35s, because of ride and my 7 ft garage doors.  I also have the retractable tonneau cover which i love, but you do trade off bed space.

20180720225627_IMG_1076.JPG

Edited by bovhica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ID AX
13 hours ago, bovhica said:

I've got an 2011 F250 with 4" lift, air bags and 35s.  Rides terrible, worse than my previous stock 1 ton, ride gets better loaded or towing.  Still regret not just leveling and 35s, because of ride and my 7 ft garage doors.  I also have the retractable tonneau cover which i love, but you do trade off bed space.

20180720225627_IMG_1076.JPG

My brother lifted his f250 and had been fighting it ever since.  Part of that may be the installer :whistle:

I am just waiting for a dealership to get what I want and then pulling the trigger.  I would like to do the Carli commuter or backcountry but there doesn’t seem to be any dealers or installers in Boise area?  I don’t mind losing some bed space to gain a cover.  

On a side note, how do you like the black paint?  I have been looking more and more at black.  I thought I wanted white but can only get the pearl white and it looks yellow with my boat.  :vomit:I am down to silver or black at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bovhica
Posted (edited)

I

3 hours ago, ID AX said:

My brother lifted his f250 and had been fighting it ever since.  Part of that may be the installer :whistle:

I am just waiting for a dealership to get what I want and then pulling the trigger.  I would like to do the Carli commuter or backcountry but there doesn’t seem to be any dealers or installers in Boise area?  I don’t mind losing some bed space to gain a cover.  

On a side note, how do you like the black paint?  I have been looking more and more at black.  I thought I wanted white but can only get the pearl white and it looks yellow with my boat.  :vomit:I am down to silver or black at this point. 

I really like black,  I love the look when clean and taken care of.  That being said, it definitely takes more care to maintain than white or silver.  My boat is black and off white/cream color so it looks sharp with the rig.  I really like the pearl look with tinted windows and all black trims.  Too bad it looks yellow next to your boat because that would be my second choice.

The carli sounds awesome.  I'm surprised there is no dealer here.  I use American tire in Nampa.  Im sure they would order and install if I asked.  I'm actually thinking of losing the lift and leveling instead. 

My tonneau cover is the retrax fyi.

Edited by bovhica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ID AX
7 hours ago, bovhica said:

I really like the pearl look with tinted windows and all black trims.  Too bad it looks yellow next to your boat because that would be my second choice.

Yellow might be more me than reality.  The boat is bright white and the pearl just looks off next to it.  My wife thinks I am just being to posterior and I probably am.  I have owned every color of vehicle except black, until we bought our Grand Cherokee and I am really liking it.  Unfortunately, all of the dealerships have crap tons of pearl white and not much else.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bovhica

If Im spending 70K on a new rig, it is going to look good paired with my boat and my camper.  Maybe its not a deal breaker for others, but it would be for me.  I've had 2 black diesels, both Fords and I only complain about black when trying to keep it clean.

Plus, black pairs really well with just about any color boat!...lol.  I'm also pretty boring.  Black, white or silver is about the only shades of vehicle I have or will own.  They are timeless and sharp looking colors on vehicles.  

I have a white 2018 F350 work truck.  It rides well but I carry 100 gallons of diesel in the slip tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
REHinH20

Couple of suggestions for you.  Love y mostly hidden grill lights. and the bed cover is awesome - aluminum, so not as easily broken into.  Sturdy enough to stack things on. Will hold 250#.

https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-8in-led-grille-kit-7069c.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAwojkBRBbEiwAeRcJZAQhq9676GEnJ1yR7tKrzv3BXI4CWVGbPxvvehqnAoHic2Jkck60nRoCsrYQAvD_BwE

https://bakflip.com/p/bak-vortrak-tonneau-cover/v/ford/f250/2019/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carguy79ta
On 3/7/2019 at 9:55 AM, ID AX said:

My brother lifted his f250 and had been fighting it ever since.  Part of that may be the installer :whistle:

I am just waiting for a dealership to get what I want and then pulling the trigger.  I would like to do the Carli commuter or backcountry but there doesn’t seem to be any dealers or installers in Boise area?  I don’t mind losing some bed space to gain a cover.  

On a side note, how do you like the black paint?  I have been looking more and more at black.  I thought I wanted white but can only get the pearl white and it looks yellow with my boat.  :vomit:I am down to silver or black at this point. 

We like black, my wifes 18 Dmax. Just had had it ceramic coated.

xPfVCiE.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cole2001

@carguy79ta Do you have a leveling kit in that Chev? It definitely sits higher in the front than the previous gen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carguy79ta
9 hours ago, carguy79ta said:
8 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

@carguy79ta Do you have a leveling kit in that Chev? It definitely sits higher in the front than the previous gen.

Yep, 2 inches. All else is stock for now. My 13CTD is also, the stance looks good, however, it is more difficult to see over the hood. No probs, we just adjust the seat upward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cptotr

I did the Carli commuter 2.0 on my F350. Definitely recommend it. I can’t say that it rides any better than stock, but it definitely didn’t get any worse. I regularly tow heavy loads with it and was bothered by the negative rake after leveling it. Nothing looks worse in my opinion than a big heavy duty truck squatting in the rear and riding nose high going down the highway.  I was afraid the add a leafs would make the ride a little worse when unloaded, so I ended up swapping the blocks under the leaf springs for a little taller ones to help with that. I have the nitto ridge grapplers. 295/65/20. Quietest aggressive tire I’ve ever had.  Not the best off road tire, but sufficient.

I also went with black. Nothing looks better when clean. I have the Pace Edwards ultra groove sliding bed cover. You can put racks on top for mountain bikes or kayaks if you’re into that and keep all your luggage dry and secure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...