Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another VLX

TOAST

Ellery is back in the factory! I'm told they have had several people out, that's why the pics have been a little slow in coming the last week or so.

But we are back in business now!!

My VLX just finished upholstery today and will be detailed Monday.

Expected delivery date is ~5/16 -- I can't wait. Yahoo.gif

post-305-1115447281_thumb.jpg

Nice Ride!!! It looks like your is ahead of mine. That would be cool if they were right next to each other on the production line.

Toast.... Sweet colors!

How do you guys get a factory rep to snap photos of your boat while in production? I have a spray date of 17 May and would like to get some pics of my new bu. I still may set aside some time to drive down to the factory with the fam. Is the factoy open for tours on weekends?

Cheers!

Do you know which factory that it will be built at? You can email ellery Cardoso at the Merced factory with your PO #. I will post the address when I can confirm or maybe someone else has it.

Toast....  Sweet colors!

How do you guys get a factory rep to snap photos of your boat while in production?  I have a spray date of 17 May and would like to get some pics of my new bu.  I still may set aside some time to drive down to the factory with the fam.  Is the factoy open for tours on weekends?

Cheers!

Woody,

You can also ask through your dealer -- that's how I got my pics. If you have your PO#(6 digit number) you can ask the factory directly by calling (209) 383-7469 and asking for the factory floor.

The factory in Merced is open M-F 8am - 2pm. Mike at the factory said that it is much better to go in the morning (8-11) if possible because that is when all the build activity is going on. You can go in the afternoon too, but not quite as interesting.

I'd like to get down for a factory visit soon, but just not sure when I'll be in the area.

Thanks for the info guys. My boat is being built at the Merced plant. I guess I'll have to play hookie a for a fews days from work.

Anyone else having a boat shipped to the Sacramento area? Does the Rancho Cordova and Vacaville stores combined their inbound boats to fill the truck up faster?

Cheers

Last set of pics eh? Sorry to say, but now comes the worst part. Now you have to sit for a week or two waiting for it to get shipped and delivered. It's painful. :)

who are you getting pics from?  Ellery?  I have been waiting for more pics since Friday Mad.gif

Yes, I got them from Ellery. It did take multiple reminder calls to the dealer. I rec'd pics for last 2 days of the build. Seems they have had several people out of the factory and they are BUSY.

It would have been great to get more pics, but most people I talk to are amazed that any company would even attempt to take photos in the factory.

Do you have your malibu PO#? -- they will need that to identify your boat if you contact the factory directly. Otherwise I'd suggest giving your dealer a call too.

Good luck. . . .I'd bet your boat is just about through the build process.

Hey Toast, any word yet on delivery? I am ready to see some pics of that polo green on the water, and I know you are. :)

Yes, got an update today. The boat has been done for a while, but waiting for a few more boats to make the trek from Merced up to the Northwest. ETA is early next week. (dealer will prioritize my prep/delivery) I'm v ready to go!

My only consolation is I'm out of town most of this week. I think it would be worse if it were delivered and I couldn't get over to the dealer to pick it up.

Thanks for the interest -- I'll make sure to get some pics next week OTW. Looks like we'll be doing break-in over Memorial Day weekend.