Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Board Advise for the Wife

LucasC

My  Wife and Daughter want to start wake Surf this year and want to get there own board to share they are same weights .  Typical Girls have chose a board on looks and because its Pink , Question is Board says its for Advanced Riders .

Would this make it harder for them to learn ?  board they like is Inland Surfer Poppi Metallic

Thanks Dan

Both my wife and daughter had a lot of fun, and progressed with ease, using the Hyperlite Broadcast. It is a durable board that can spin, is relatively fast for the right weighted person(s), and is perfect for beginners (guests you may have out on the boat too). For the cost it’s tough to beat.

Cheers.

I would buy a used beginner board first. Advanced boards are very sensitive to movement on board. Every beginner I have had behind the boat wanted to ride the advance board and then hated it.. Once they got basics down then they loved the advanced board and hated the beginner board..

Learning fundamentals on an advanced board is tricky as it is sensitive to its inputs.

• Like 1

Inland surfers that are surf style boards are work hard boards, make sure it’s a shorter one cause I bet dollars to donuts that it may be a pig in larger sizes , therefore hard fir them to pump and carve especially with the very large fins they tend to cone with 

owner of Boardco referred to his as his workout

how much fir this board?

Edited by granddaddy55

I highly recommend checking out women’s models from Victoria and Phase 5. From beginner to pro, the girls/women I have put on the right size board progressed so much faster. 

When it comes to skim style boards, pro boards are not more difficult to ride than entry level. 

The Project V by Victoria Wake and the Phase 5 Luv are great for any level and they will never be out progressed

We bought an axis a20 last year and went with the Liquid Force Fish 5' 3".  We taught probably 5 adults and 10 kids this summer.  It isn’t super expensive and comes with a surf rope too.  I took the fins off and it was still a little too bulky to do many tricks on once you figure it out, but it is a great start board.  EVO.com has great advice on buying boards, has a size guide,  and you can call their 1-800 number for a walk you through on all the options, sizes, and boards.  Great website and company.  Hope this helps.

This year we are getting the Doomswell Nubstep 4'6" and the El Jefe 5'6".