Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Evolution Cover Color?

Arick

Been working with Cory over at Evolution covers to get a new Sunbrella cover for my boat.  Only problem is I can't decide on colors and I'm looking for TMC input on color suggestions.  I'm really not good at visualizing the end result. 

The main color of my boat is sangria and secondary colors appear to be driftwood and platinum(not sure here??, its the line above the rub rail).  I was thinking of trying to stay close to he driftwood color on closer to the bottom of the hull with the Unity Ash, but I fear its not going to match close enough and will look odd.  So then I started leaning towards smoke..  Not feeling that really eitherd. 

image.png.edf8d06ee88fa2b4574f5180d58e09b6.png Unity Ash

image.png.3c089e6cae95c1ac7a578ab06120c723.pngSmoke

Boat colors:

image.thumb.png.b0ad91a3f24989334279bdc5c1100f0c.png

20180525_122251.jpg

I had the same dilemma last year, boat is different colors (Black and silver). I ended up ordering the "Smoke" one to try and match the silver, turned out pretty good but kind of wished I would have stuck with black..........

the "Unity Ash" color would concern me as far as getting dirty all the time. Nice boat by the way, love the color scheme.

20 hours ago, mackie12 said:

I had the same dilemma last year, boat is different colors (Black and silver). I ended up ordering the "Smoke" one to try and match the silver, turned out pretty good but kind of wished I would have stuck with black..........

the "Unity Ash" color would concern me as far as getting dirty all the time. Nice boat by the way, love the color scheme.

I thought that about the Unity Ash as well but it can't be any worse than the stock cover that is a similar color. 

14 hours ago, jrvs23 said:

I like the smoke as well. To throw a wrench in your plan, new cover before you put a tower on it?

I want to put a tower on it... Having just bought a house, a G3 isn't in the cards this year.  Plus its only 5 weeks from Cory for a cover without a tower vs 6 months. :)

5 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

I vote ash, I think it matches up well.

The factory cover seems to be similar in color and held up pretty well.  

I also think the boat's color scheme lends itself to the unity ash sunbrella. Obviously only the gel below the rub rail will be visible with the cover in place so there is a lot of sangria gel between the cover and the secondary stripe below the main color panel. Are you saying that secondary stripe is not the same color as the gel above the rub rail? If not, is it still in the tan / light brown spectrum?  Do you have color swatches of sunbrella?

If you do plan to add a tower down the line, is your plan to have the cover modified at that time? What would Cory charge for such a mod? 

19 hours ago, John I. said:

I also think the boat's color scheme lends itself to the unity ash sunbrella. Obviously only the gel below the rub rail will be visible with the cover in place so there is a lot of sangria gel between the cover and the secondary stripe below the main color panel. Are you saying that secondary stripe is not the same color as the gel above the rub rail? If not, is it still in the tan / light brown spectrum?  Do you have color swatches of sunbrella?

If you do plan to add a tower down the line, is your plan to have the cover modified at that time? What would Cory charge for such a mod? 

I believe the stripes are two different colors.  Boat is in storage and I only have that picture to go off.  I don't have any color swatches for Sunbrella although I am going to try and obtain some.

Cory could modify the cover for some $$$.  I'm sure its not cheap and I assume it would take quite sometime.