Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

18 LSV transom remote?

dalt1

11 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Want to add it.

Guessing it's Plug And Play?

Wires already at transom?

Can it be bought from somewhere other than dealer to save cost?

Anyone know part #?

I was quoted about $480 and some change to get this installed by a dealer.  I did not have it done and I did not ask the dealer if the wiring is back there or not.  There is not a line item on my quote for any wiring or additional material needed so maybe the wires are already at the transom.

$170 for the harness, transom bezel
$154 for the harness, transom remote
$156 for the labor 

Youll need the remote, the billet aluminum trim ring, and the cable. You dont have to use the bezel, the AXIS boats dont. These are Malibu part numbers. I have a remote and harness in stock, but no aluminum trim bezel.

5522029.1 Bezel - $160 retail

3910435 Remote with display - $250 retail

6312043 harness - $150 retail

7 hours ago, Hemmy said:

I was quoted about $480 and some change to get this installed by a dealer.  I did not have it done and I did not ask the dealer if the wiring is back there or not.  There is not a line item on my quote for any wiring or additional material needed so maybe the wires are already at the transom.

$170 for the harness, transom bezel
$154 for the harness, transom remote
$156 for the labor 

It will not be done by a dealer. I will do it myself.

5 hours ago, COOP said:

Youll need the remote, the billet aluminum trim ring, and the cable. You dont have to use the bezel, the AXIS boats dont. These are Malibu part numbers. I have a remote and harness in stock, but no aluminum trim bezel.

5522029.1 Bezel - $160 retail

3910435 Remote with display - $250 retail

6312043 harness - $150 retail

Thanks for the #s. Higher than I expected. Of course if these are dealer retail prices I guess it's expected. Now to find the lowest prices!

I dont know if you will find them aftermarket. The remote is made by Medallion for Malibu. And the harness has Malibu compatible plugs on it.  I have not seen a boat yet that already has the cable installed. We have added the remotes to several boats and always needed the cable.

ahopkins22LSV

I’m interested in this as well. Kinda kicking myself for not getting it from the factory. I guess a good question to also ask is does it need to be the factory remote or could an aftermarket one work?

Why don’t you all get the parts from the dealer you got the boat from?  I am sure that dealer would cut you a deal on the parts if you just got a new boat from them.  And then you know you have the right stuff. 

ahopkins22LSV
3 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Why don’t you all get the parts from the dealer you got the boat from?  I am sure that dealer would cut you a deal on the parts if you just got a new boat from them.  And then you know you have the right stuff. 

What fun is that? :lol: 

I hear ya, but when it isn’t straightforward and it relatively isn’t that much money compared to your initial investment, why not support the guys that (presumably) took good care of you in the initial buying process?  

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

I hear ya, but when it isn’t straightforward and it relatively isn’t that much money compared to your initial investment, why not support the guys that (presumably) took good care of you in the initial buying process?  

I understand but why not explore all options. I help my dealer a ton throughout the year. I’m sure they would be ok with me doing something like this on my own. 

Plus it is winter, we have to talk about something lol

Edited by ahopkinsVTX
  • Like 2

You know in reality, my Apple Watch when in the cove is more functional than the transom remote.  Skips tracks, volume, etc.  It may be better on the new systems, but at least in 2016 the remote doesn’t do anything other than volume when using Bluetooth.  

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

I’d like to think that the newer boats with the integrated malibu stereos that you can skip tracks on the transom remote. I can do it on the 7” screen or with the sport knob with I’m connected Bluetooth but that is worth confirming! Something to test at the boat show in a month.

Edited by ahopkinsVTX
4 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

You mean you can’t skip tracks on the factory one? Now that’s just silly. Maybe see if an aftermarket one works or something. 

In 2016 you couldn't.  I can't speak to the newer Wetsounds systems that started in 2017  

You cannot skip tracks on the remotes that come factory on 2018 Malibu’s, which is a let down given most of us are presumably driving music from our phones via BT, rather than using FM. 

Edited by G Spot
9 minutes ago, G Spot said:

You cannot skip tracks on the remotes that come factory on 2018 Malibu’s, which is a let down given most of us are presumably driving music from our phones, rather than using FM. 

So disappointing Malibu can't get this right.  Can you at least save multiple bluetooth profiles/devices now?   

5 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

So disappointing Malibu can't get this right.  Can you at least save multiple bluetooth profiles/devices now?   

Yes that worked well for me. 

7 minutes ago, Murphy8166 said:

Has anyone tried with the USB connection in the glove box? 

I’ve used that usb but not tried changing tracks with the remote. That may work. 

1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

Cause I spent every one of my FUN MONEY bucks on buying the boat, but its paid for so now I got to save on these extras.

Oh I'm quit sure I am supporting my dealer well as it is!