Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY wakeshaper doesn’t want to bite

Pat502

So I jumped on the bandwagon and made a wakeshaper.  I made one for a buddy’s 04 wakesetter for Christmas and fits his boat perfect as the hull on his is nice and flat close to the waterline.  I tried it on our 05 before making ours but it didn’t want to bite as the hull has a bit of a curve.  Is this only an issue withe the Amazon glass handling suction cups or will I have this issue if I purchase a Mission Delta or Swell type that’s out there?  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:52 PM, Pat502 said:

So I jumped on the bandwagon and made a wakeshaper.  I made one for a buddy’s 04 wakesetter for Christmas and fits his boat perfect as the hull on his is nice and flat close to the waterline.  I tried it on our 05 before making ours but it didn’t want to bite as the hull has a bit of a curve.  Is this only an issue withe the Amazon glass handling suction cups or will I have this issue if I purchase a Mission Delta or Swell type that’s out there?  

no it's not, I have that issue with the Ronix Blade on an 08 VLX.  So annoying and constantly falls off I just don't even surf anymore.  We wakeboard mostly anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 5:52 PM, Pat502 said:

I had the same problem on my 2011 vride (same hull as 05 to 08 vlx.)  You might check out the wakesurf edge pro.  It can be ordered with curvature rings for curved hulls for an extra  $10.  It works for me and has only come off a couple times all last year.  Both times it was someone else placing it on the hull. They have a new model out this year which is the 2.0.  I have the older version which I have linked below.  The new version may or may not require the rings?

https://www.miamiskinautiques.com/LiquidForce-Wakesurf-Edge-Pro-Shaper-p/LF-Edge-Shaper.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQiAtP_iBRDGARIsAEWJA8hA-UVAJf9E-sQqHmrPmzQqeNBDuC4xhWZNFFOYccIk_tdklEN7rGUaAvbGEALw_wcB

Curvature rings

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/liquid-force--wakesurf-edge-curvature-rings--19059393?mrkgcl=481&mrkgadid=3076578733&cm_mmc=PS-_-Google-_-GSC%20-%20Product%20Type-_-19059393&product_id=19059393&adpos=1o5&creative=108421553644&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtP_iBRDGARIsAEWJA8i_bH07kIil0mlF6X0pWUmoKRvTcWvswQqNgqWZeqOW_4wYVCVJMnMaAv6YEALw_wcB

Edited by bovhica

Delta has a V2 out now. They claim it will definitely stick to the side, where off-the-shelf suction cups won't.

They might even have a money back guarantee. I'd get in contact with them, I bet they'll help you out.