Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this walkthru panel glued on?

hawaiianstyln

didn't post in Stereo forum because this isn't stereo technical but I'm about to do the Blackbox/stereo delete and want to remove this JBL remote.  I can't figure out how to remove this panel, is it glued on?

image1.jpeg

thanks guys I will look tonight.  My other panels are bolted so that's probably it, I just didn't see them when I looked really quick a few hours back.

41 minutes ago, khelfrich said:

it just pulls off there are pushpins that hold it on kinda like the interior door panel on a car, or at least that is how my 08 247 is

Ah, yes. It could be this. I forgot they did that on some of the older boats.

Mine has the plastic mushrooms like car door panels, too. I just pried off slowly and carefully. You can get a feel for the exact location of each as you begin prying, and adjust your prying location closer to the mushroom accordingly. You may be able to "feel" the mushroom head by pushing on the vinyl. I know the locations on mine are more distinct now that I have removed it and re-installed.

But your head unit will probably have two studs with nuts in the back that need to be removed from under the dash before you start prying on the whole panel.

Edited by lonestar