Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What % Tint?

eubanks

What percentage tint do you guys run in your boats?  I've never had a tinted windshield but would like to on my 2019.  I don't like it too dark so was wondering what percentage you guys think this is below?  I like this shade...not too light and not too dark.

Tint.jpg

• Like 1

that light shade first pic looks NICE and CLEAN!!!!  I wasn't a fan of tint until I bought a SANTE 210 (I went dark side for a year) and it had dark tint.  It sort of stuck with me but definitely realized that light would have looked way better.

I also did 20%, I am on bolster and looking over windshield when driving anyway and think it helps protect the dash from UV and heat, so to me its an important option. Because a boat is not enclosed like a car, I think darker is better and you can still see thru it. Ceramic tint reflects away a lot more heat than standard.

My first "Bu was tinted (not sure the percentage) and at first I loved the look of it, but I grew to dislike the tint.  Any time I was driving near sundown it was very difficult to see through the windshield.  I'm not in an excessively heated climate where tinted windows are on everyone's cars either, so maybe they are more useful in the southern states.  IMO I wouldn't go much darker than what others have pictured above.  

I also have 20% on mine. However, if I were to do it again, I'd probably go with something between 25-35%. There are times when it seems a bit too dark and I find myself looking over the top of the windshield. 

20180528_140505.jpg

17 hours ago, Kojak said:

I also have 20% on mine. However, if I were to do it again, I'd probably go with something between 25-35%. There are times when it seems a bit too dark and I find myself looking over the top of the windshield. 

20180528_140505.jpg

I almost always look over the windshield anyway, unless its raining hard.

Thanks for all the feedback.  The pics are very helpful.  It sounds like 20-25% is the sweet spot.  We do like to look through the windshield so want something light enough where we can continue to do that during the day.

I am on boat number six and I have had 20% on five of them.  It is great during the day and if we stay out late I just use the bolster.  Can't go above 10mph at that point anyways.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BigCreek said:

Another post that costs me money! Dammit! 

Now that I've seen it up close, I'm not going to go another season without. 

Check my ig. Just search my name and you will see what real tint looks like.

17 hours ago, JasonK said:

We ski at sunset a lot. Looking over the windshield gets you a face full of bugs. I wouldn't mind the side windows tinted, but I'm afraid to tint the front.

Ditto

• 1 month later...

I have 20% on mine. Been happy with it.  The AZ sun is brutal and we couldnt even touch the dash without it.

Note- With the center window open, your port side quarter view is actually probably 10% tint or less. Just be aware if your surroundings and you’ll get used to it  

On 1/17/2019 at 8:07 PM, G Spot said:

20% from the inside. You won’t have any issues during the daytime. @eubanks 

4972A013-EBD7-4440-A005-227CC3764C89.jpeg

Where was this picture taken? Looks exactly like an island on our lake. Lake Tenkiller in eastern Oklahoma. I see you are down in Texas but maybe you took a trip up to Tenkiller. 

Just now, CBray4 said:

Where was this picture taken? Looks exactly like an island on our lake. Lake Tenkiller in eastern Oklahoma. I see you are down in Texas but maybe you took a trip up to Tenkiller. 

Broken Bow

If you've been to both, how do they compare?