Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interior decision

pauley71

So I sold my boat today and I have to nail down my colors tomorrow.  I only got 55 hours on my last one so the new one will be very similar (not sick of it yet ... haha). I’m doing the silver rather than charcoal flake this time and a white tower. 

Question is the interior.  I’d like to try the brown but the bottom option is basically my 2018. Friends and family like brown but not 100%. Thought I would ask here. Need to pole the group because of resale considerations. Thanks!

A043F066-F232-4012-89B7-1A265D1C97D8.jpeg

ahopkins22LSV

The non brown option is awesome imo. 

I do think a brown interior would work but you need to change the silver to white imo. And maybe even more brown with just white or black accents. The brown interiors I’ve seen that I like are mostly brown with just a white or black accent. 

• Like 2

If you’re going brown, here’s two examples of what Ahop is saying at the boat show this week.

EA17FFF0-0305-4BE0-9A51-9B6914BDD87C.thumb.jpeg.2c2a7db4a281ae48dfce4517707bd004.jpeg6189E676-3077-4A25-81FC-4A7C2187BE90.thumb.jpeg.1f091042f96aebf430f98eb33216c24c.jpeg

If you won’t use brown, try changing the white base to light graphite, which is what these next couple have.

332AECB8-3CA5-4366-9C05-3D98711F3C25.thumb.jpeg.d19314674395892eccfc1d0f8d89bfaa.jpegDC1DC5E3-337D-4167-A2F2-881222AB96EB.thumb.jpeg.ceaa25e5e3dd4ef9ea2c43585981b61c.jpeg

You’ll also see more all graphite interiors, with or without black accents.

EDA622D5-9B51-408C-ADEB-B78DBB6EF57E.thumb.jpeg.4bde5b782e81788d9ca09c879ce3e402.jpeg

Charcoal and graphite is my current boat.  The white tower is the only big change on the bottom one. It might look white but it’s not  here’s the one I’m selling  

8FDB9065-67A2-41FC-84CA-310629258782.jpeg

14 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

How does the new brown vinyl feel compared to the other stuff?

Feels the same to me now since the 2019 vinyls are all smoother and don’t have the textured feel the previous years had. The difference was noticeable last year when the saddle brown interior was an upgrade option.

Another option is to add some GatorStep to change up the interior. Here’s my 2018 interior, which was all light graphite, graphite accent and black seat bases/bead. The black Gatorstep was cooler than the light graphite seats in the sun. 

C0D8AEF9-6364-455D-A9F6-BF1C72115A80.thumb.jpeg.2016dd5fd3a48257776912d33c0b9ad4.jpeg

I really like and have a tan/brown/black interior. My wife made the final choice on it and I’m glad I trusted her judgment. Our boat has a black hull and no white anywhere. My personal preference is, if it’s a black hull, you do it like we did brown/black. Our dealer currently has a boat with our exterior colors, but went brown with white trim for the interior. Although I think that brown/white would look great on a white hull boat, I was kind of wondering what they were thinking when they purposely ordered the boat with that combo. So if going brown, I think it’s a good idea matching the interior trim to the hull color. I was concerned about resale 5-10 years out, but not anymore. We think it looks great and timeless. As for vinyl temps, ours isn’t a problem. Our boat is a Malibu competitor, so it’s not a good example.

That said, grey looks awesome too. Ahopkins boat looks super nice with it!!

ahopkins22LSV
6 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I agree that brown and gray do not match.  

I look forward to see what you come up with.  Why the deadline?  Sounds like a high pressure sales pitch.  

Maybe he was the boat by a certain time this spring and needs to lock in a build slot. 

No high pressure sales tactic. I get a new boat every year. AHop nailed it. Want to get my boat early since our lake is heated by a nuclear power plant (is, early season). 

Thanks for the input fellas. 

• Like 1

I would go with one solid color and some subtle accents on the seat front or piping. These boats start to look like one of grandmothers patchwork quilts pretty quick.  I like the tan but only when used in the proper way and never paired with gray!

8 hours ago, semi said:

I think brown is a fad. I see so many people trying like hell to jam that color into a boat that doesn't match. Stay away from the brown.. your #2 option is 10x better. 

It looks amazing when done right but I agree with you totally overused and not in the proper way on too many occasions.

ahopkins22LSV
On 1/13/2019 at 9:27 PM, pauley71 said:

No high pressure sales tactic. I get a new boat every year. AHop nailed it. Want to get my boat early since our lake is heated by a nuclear power plant (is, early season). 

Thanks for the input fellas. 

So what did you decide to go with?!

i know you started the thread based on wanting opinions on resale.  I really like the tan like most have noted.  The photos from the boat shows look great to me and the wife.  However, I think it has to be well done and can't be too fragmented.   Your first one I wouldn't consider on the resale market.  

On 1/14/2019 at 7:23 AM, semi said:

I think brown is a fad. I see so many people trying like hell to jam that color into a boat that doesn't match. Stay away from the brown.. your #2 option is 10x better. 

I totally agree, but he only keeps them for a year so it will still be in style at the end of this year. 

I went with this. My hull doesn’t have that much black, and has red though. That much red might be a little obnoxious, we’ll see when it gets here

CA132864-0A9D-45F3-B802-2A36A85C4753.png

Edited by surfdude