Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan1776

WS-Pro-60s

Recommended Posts

Ryan1776

I know I know...they're old and not nearly as good as the Rev series. 

BUT I have them in stock from my old boat. 
They HAVE to be better than the 4 1980's Plymouth Duster paper cone speakers I have now on my 2010...
So if I get the dual mount for the G3 tower, will these mount to that and I can put them in the upper corners? 
Then just drive them with the Rockford amp that's currently there. 

I want to eventually run a set of Rev10's but probably not in the cards this year. I was never mad at the Pro 60s for the size that they are. 

How is the current wiring to these tower speakers...is one main wire split to two sets at the speakers? I'm assuming it's not 4 sets of wires that are homerun to the amp. 

Ryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MLA

If they currently have traditional tube clamps, you will need to do some fab work once you remove the clamps, in order to create a flat surface to seat the pods on the dual mount. The rev series pods have evolved, so you would likely not be able to just purchase the current "X" kit. 

If you boat has the 3 rockford amp OEM setup, then yes, there is a 2 chnl amp designated for the tower speakers.

IIRC, there is a 2-conductor for the port side tower speakers and a 2-con for the STBD side, and it is spliced off for the 2 pair of OEM titan speakers and shelf. 

If there was no OEM tower speakers, then those wires likely are not run to any amp, just bundled up somewhere between the deck below the tower mount and the amp wall. I think they are black wires, 16ga. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan1776
6 minutes ago, MLA said:

If they currently have traditional tube clamps, you will need to do some fab work once you remove the clamps, in order to create a flat surface to seat the pods on the dual mount. The rev series pods have evolved, so you would likely not be able to just purchase the current "X" kit. 

If you boat has the 3 rockford amp OEM setup, then yes, there is a 2 chnl amp designated for the tower speakers.

IIRC, there is a 2-conductor for the port side tower speakers and a 2-con for the STBD side, and it is spliced off for the 2 pair of OEM titan speakers and shelf. 

If there was no OEM tower speakers, then those wires likely are not run to any amp, just bundled up somewhere between the deck below the tower mount and the amp wall. I think they are black wires, 16ga. 

Yeah they have the tube clamps. I have a few buddies here at work that can fab up some plates pretty quickly. 
As I said, if I'm going to Rev's at some point. I won't be losing money on the mounts if they don't work, they'll just sit for a while. 
It came with one amp for the inboat Rockford 400x4 and one for the tower, 400x2 and I added a Polk for the sub. 
I currently have 4 tower speakers now. So I'd be able to just pick off the main run from the amp. 

Thank you. Pretty easy. 
I mean do you agree the pro 60's have to be better than the stock-os? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MLA
2 hours ago, Ryan1776 said:

I mean do you agree the pro 60's have to be better than the stock-os? 

Depends on what your goals are and of your boat has the 6.5" coaxial titan I or the 6x9 coaxial titan II. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan1776
1 hour ago, MLA said:

Depends on what your goals are and of your boat has the 6.5" coaxial titan I or the 6x9 coaxial titan II. 

6x9 coaxial Titan II

You can't even really hear the current ones while surfing. Granted I only started messing around with the amp levels this winter, which of course were all the way down. On every single parameter. 

So I guess my very short term goal is to hear something while surfing. I think a grand of my cash this year will be prop and FAE. So Rev 10's are going to wait. 

Edited by Ryan1776

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...