Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Axis Sound Pack Specs

Ridebutter

4 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

what about those ground loop elimination boxes with the RCA in and RCAout

they often work without even grounding/wiring  them up

oh   These new systems are proprietary wiring and not RCA’s?

Yes, DSP. But you adapt them to RCA, so you can still put the noise elimination box in. I know it's a crutch, but I still might try it.

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

Yes, DSP. But you adapt them to RCA, so you can still put the noise elimination box in. I know it's a crutch, but I still might try it.

Stupid cheap even at Best Buy and they often work without their own ground being hooked up

• 3 weeks later...

Any one know how to balance the stereo with zones.  Also I have a map 35 with no actual make.  What kind of reciever is this. Is there a web page to go to to program my stereo.  Please help

We went with SP 2,  didn't want the Icon 8's  so we worked out a deal to credit the cost of the Icon 8's.  Then we installed REV 10's and the Sinister 2 channel amp for the tower so when we add the second set of REV 10's,  it'll be more than enough power to push the tower speakers.  I'll replace the 10" sub and amp next summer hopefully!

• 3 months later...
On 2/5/2019 at 8:24 PM, Cboom12 said:

I have sp3 in my 18 a24, with the rev410s. These are my thoughts on it for what it’s worth. The price of it is very competitive, apparently for 18 Malibu stopped doing prewire on stereo delete which significantly increases the install cost of an aftermarket system. I think the performance of the system is a B+. Could you get a little more out of a custom tuned system? Sure you could but I’m not convinced it would be that much better. My main complaint on my boat is 6 interior speakers on a 24.5 ft boat in not enough. They need another set near the driver. I can’t  hear the stereo at all while we are driving unless I blow the people in the back seats out of the boat. Also the stock 18 headunit is terrible but the 19 has a new unit. 

You like the dual 410s over the Rev 10s? The look is growing on me. Do you feel it is underwpowered at all? I wonder if the dual 410s would draw less energy than the quad 10s?

5 minutes ago, Raleigh said:

I wonder if the dual 410s would draw less energy than the quad 10s?

The drivers (speaker) really do not draw, but rather consume and turn the wattage into music and volume. So it would come down to the amplifiers used. Say you had a 2  chnl amp powering 4 single pods at a total of 1200W, or 300W to each pod. Then you compare that to a 4 chnl amp wired bridged to 2 chnl mode for about 600 to each of "ugly" pods, for again, a total of 1200W. If the amps are from the same manufacture and of the same series, then their battery amp draw draw, would technically be the same.  

5 hours ago, MLA said:

The drivers (speaker) really do not draw, but rather consume and turn the wattage into music and volume. So it would come down to the amplifiers used. Say you had a 2  chnl amp powering 4 single pods at a total of 1200W, or 300W to each pod. Then you compare that to a 4 chnl amp wired bridged to 2 chnl mode for about 600 to each of "ugly" pods, for again, a total of 1200W. If the amps are from the same manufacture and of the same series, then their battery amp draw draw, would technically be the same.  

Oh I get it know. That’s why I quit engineering school! Makes sense though; thank you!

19 headunit still lags if you spin it too fast. No hissing on my system. Wiring looks great l. All dsp amps. System is def detuned but loud enough that everyone asks to turn it down after a bit. Would not waste the time energy or money trying to build one 

Edited by agarabaghi
  • 4 weeks later...

My 19 T23 has the annoying hissing sound and the lag in the volume dial (which seems so prehistoric to me in this day and age). What are those noise elimination devices called? I looked on Bets Buy but struck out. 

Similar to others, I have sound pack 2 and am largely underwhelmed. The sub is weak and when I removed the screws of the sub noticed the large cavity. How do people access it to create a box for the sub??

9 minutes ago, ScottyT23 said:

What are those noise elimination devices called?

Should be able to find them here: www.takeyourunderwarranty2019todealerandletthemresolve.com This filters are mostly a bandaid and should only be used as a last resort. There can be a few other routes to take, that might resolve an unwanted noise, before going to a filter. 

9 minutes ago, ScottyT23 said:

How do people access it to create a box for the sub??

This would depend on if that model woofer is intended for infinite-baffle i.e. large cavity, or a model designed for small enclosures. 

Edited by MLA
  • 2 years later...
pcormier66

Bumping this old thread for some technical specs.  I have a 2017 AXIS A20 that came with the Stereo Option - Pack 1 (Autovolume).   It came with a head unit and 4 stern Wet Sounds speakers that I can see.  Never looked for an amp.  My question is did this stereo option come with the WET-HTX-2 amp to run the 4 speakers, or are the four OEM stern speakers powered by the head unit alone? The reason I ask is I had some additional equipment installed (WET-HTX-2 and 2 Recon tower speakers, and an Arc Audio 6-channel powering the 4 original stern speakers, two new bow speakers and a 10" sub.), and ch1 of the WET amp is not working.  I took the WET amp back to the installer and he made a comment about the amp being OEM.  He gave me a replacement JL Audio amp of similar specs.  Now I'm wondering if the stereo shop charged me for the WET-HTX-2 amp, but simply repurposed the original WET-HTX-2 to power the 2 tower speakers.   Before I inquire with my installer, I wanted to be sure if the WET-HTX-2 amp was OEM with SP1 or if he indeed installed a new amp. 

I appreciate your input.  New to this forum.  Great content.

Philip