Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Axis Sound Pack Specs

Ridebutter

Does anyone have a list of the amps and speakers when picking SP2 and SP3?

Trying to make a comparison of the two and and cost compare purchasing my own vs factory installed.

Soundpack 2 comes in either SP 2.2 or SP 2.4 depending on how many ICON8's you want. It comes with a HTX2 and a HTX6 with the 10" sub. Soundpack 3 comes with REV10'S in the same format, either SP 3.2 or SP 3.4, it comes with a SYN-DX2 and SYN-DX6 with a 12" sub. Both subs are free air. You will get 6 interior speakers with both soundpacks but SP2 has silver grills and SP3 has black grills.

17 hours ago, st22eve said:

Soundpack 2 comes in either SP 2.2 or SP 2.4 depending on how many ICON8's you want. It comes with a HTX2 and a HTX6 with the 10" sub. Soundpack 3 comes with REV10'S in the same format, either SP 3.2 or SP 3.4, it comes with a SYN-DX2 and SYN-DX6 with a 12" sub. Both subs are free air. You will get 6 interior speakers with both soundpacks but SP2 has silver grills and SP3 has black grills.

Thanks for the info!  Are these DSP or traditional amps where I can adjust gains and crossovers?

I don't care much for the transfer signal.  If i have it, great, if i dont, great.

Yeah, I was going to mention that Rob. They are de-tuned and underpowered due to warranty concerns.

On one hand, you get warranty coverage for 5 years. On the other hand, they'll never perform like an adjustable setup.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Giesh164 said:

What’s concensus on sound pack 3 with 1 set of rev 10’s? I’m about to place an order for a new t23. Thanks 

I’m sure that’ll sound great for an OEM setup with warranty.

I have sp3 in my 18 a24, with the rev410s. These are my thoughts on it for what it’s worth. The price of it is very competitive, apparently for 18 Malibu stopped doing prewire on stereo delete which significantly increases the install cost of an aftermarket system. I think the performance of the system is a B+. Could you get a little more out of a custom tuned system? Sure you could but I’m not convinced it would be that much better. My main complaint on my boat is 6 interior speakers on a 24.5 ft boat in not enough. They need another set near the driver. I can’t  hear the stereo at all while we are driving unless I blow the people in the back seats out of the boat. Also the stock 18 headunit is terrible but the 19 has a new unit. 

I called Malibu/axis and talked with one of their audio guys. He told me I’d still get surf transfer beep, but would lose the volume control on surf band. He said theres a “surf band dongle” id be missing 

another question I have that I couldn’t get an answer for, is do you know if axis uses the syn dx2 or the syn dx2.3? If it were only the syn dx2, it seems that 1 set of rev 10’s would only get 200watts to each speaker. Which is way under powered 

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2019 at 9:48 PM, boardjnky4 said:

I’m still convinced that if you use an NMEA 2000 head unit or black box that you can get the transfer signal.

I have looked extensively into this.

Its not NMEA 2000. Its a CAN signal. 

It can be done if you can meet the following;

1. Your head unit has a CAN port 

2. You can capture the CAN singal from the surf band system and you can figure out how to program the head unit to react to the CAN signal that the surf band system sends.

I have spoken to Malibu tech dept, Medallion IS tech depart and Wetsounds tech departments, both OEM and general.

All parties had no interest in tackling the project, some due to agreements already in place. 

But, all parties indicated that it was entirely possible to make work, if you could get into the head unit system to program it.

My experience (just bought 2018 A20 with SP1) is do aftermarket.  Private message me I will share pics of Malibu/Axis wiring vs. aftermarket wiring.  

Anyone with sound 2 or sound 3 on their 19 axis getting a hiss/static through their towers? I went sound 1 and added my own set of rev 10’s. With boat on the trailer, radio on and volume at 1, I’m getting a pretty good hiss/static very noticeable through the towers. Just curious if anyone with the factory system has the same or if it’s my problem? 

27 minutes ago, Giesh164 said:

Anyone with sound 2 or sound 3 on their 19 axis getting a hiss/static through their towers? I went sound 1 and added my own set of rev 10’s. With boat on the trailer, radio on and volume at 1, I’m getting a pretty good hiss/static very noticeable through the towers. Just curious if anyone with the factory system has the same or if it’s my problem? 

Yeah, mine does. My guess is that it might be introduced by the remote and the dongle that pipes in auto volume and surfgate beep.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:50 AM, BJames said:

My experience (just bought 2018 A20 with SP1) is do aftermarket.  Private message me I will share pics of Malibu/Axis wiring vs. aftermarket wiring.  

So does the late model SP 1 now give you a “black box”, so that you can add tower amp and HCLD’s and have integrated  surf transfer horn with the proper aftermarket connectors to non dsp tower amp?

i had the older SP1 that was a HU snd 4 speakers only

Edited by granddaddy55

Mine had SP1. Black box unit and 6 in boats only. Have 4 Rev 10’s added on tower and amp added for in boats.

The hiss in the tower speakers is there. Its also in the in boats if you listen closely. I think we have it narrowed down to the black box itself. Planning to run a ground from the amps ground to the black box to see if that helps. If it doesn’t, that POS black box is getting thrown out and someting else installed in its place.

1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

So does the late model SP 1 now give you a “black box”, so that you can add tower amp and HCLD’s and have integrated  surf transfer horn with the proper aftermarket connectors to non dsp tower amp?

Yes, it's a black box. I had SP1 and just got done with my stereo. I have both Surf Transfer and Surf Band volume control.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, MFknK said:

Mine had SP1. Black box unit and 6 in boats only. Have 4 Rev 10’s added on tower and amp added for in boats.

The hiss in the tower speakers is there. Its also in the in boats if you listen closely. I think we have it narrowed down to the black box itself. Planning to run a ground from the amps ground to the black box to see if that helps. If it doesn’t, that POS black box is getting thrown out and someting else installed in its place.

In a friend's malibu, when disconnecting the cable from the dashboard controller, it went away. Leading me to assume it was a ground loop or interference from the house side.

I'd rather deal with the slight noise than to lose the factory surf beep and surf band control.

what about those ground loop elimination boxes with the RCA in and RCAout

they often work without even grounding/wiring  them up

oh   These new systems are proprietary wiring and not RCA’s?

Edited by granddaddy55
29 minutes ago, MFknK said:

The hiss in the tower speakers is there. Its also in the in boats if you listen closely. I think we have it narrowed down to the black box itself. Planning to run a ground from the amps ground to the black box to see if that helps. 

Please update us if this works. Yes your right there is a hiss as well in the interiors but I can live with that. Barely noticeable compared to the towers 

2 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

I have to admit I did not do the after market install, but I did ask my buddy who installed the system and he said "YES!" to your question.

1 hour ago, boardjnky4 said:

In a friend's malibu, when disconnecting the cable from the dashboard controller, it went away. Leading me to assume it was a ground loop or interference from the house side.

I'd rather deal with the slight noise than to lose the factory surf beep and surf band control.

I will check on this. I actually just got the newer style head unit controller/remote from Malibu. The new one has a knob instead of buttons for volume. It is supposed to help with the lag in the remote a bit and everyone knows a knob is better.

1 hour ago, Giesh164 said:

Please update us if this works. Yes your right there is a hiss as well in the interiors but I can live with that. Barely noticeable compared to the towers 

I will. Hoping to have everything checked and finished by next weekend, but we will see.