NWBU

2019 Boat Shows

TenTwentyOne

How about NYC? I’m heading to that one Friday/Saturday 

oldjeep

Minneapolis boat show is this weekend.  Plan on being there Sunday when they open at 10.

05hammerhead
5 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Minneapolis boat show is this weekend.  Plan on being there Sunday when they open at 10.

Heading there tonight for the VIP night.  Gotta love when youre dealer says they want to buy you drinks. 

dcarl

I'll be there tomorrow at 2pm with the general public :(

pauley71

I'm driving down to the Charlotte show this weekend (Saturday night).  We don't get all the brands, so hopefully will see more.  Went to a show this past weekend and Supra/Moomba/Nautique/Tige/Centurion .. all no shows.  But its a small show that's overrun by pontoons.  The DC show is a little better but still won't see many options and definitely won't see Tige or Centurion.

And any dealer that wants to buy me a drink ... PM me.

oldjeep
On 1/14/2019 at 1:46 PM, Hemmy said:

Changing the subject a little.  Did anybody see the Floe Varatti boat at any of their shows?  There was one at the Chicago show this weekend.  Looks like they stole a page out of Malibu's book with their surf gates.  Their gates were small, maybe about 1/3 - 1/2 of the size of the Malibu's.  They had one boat at the show sitting on one of their boat lifts.  It does not have a very deep hull.  The guy there told me this was by design.  Looks like it would be easy to swamp the bow on this boat.  They are working on another boat that was going to have a deeper hull.  This boat also had bow thrusts.   https://www.floeintl.com/varatti-boats/

image.thumb.png.18773eb8f1771f7d6bb6018e8351250a.png

49342959_307703289869100_826057257677488128_o.thumb.jpg.f354bce339e7f95008aa1be61a8b4a38.jpg

There were 2 at the Minneapolis show.  Very nice dash and controls, including the joystick steering.  It is tiny inside though.  22 ft boat with less space inside than my 20ft.  Lot of realestate used for the transom seating.   There were also 2 wake tractors, just as awful up close as in pictures.  Mission had a booth and a pretty decent sale, so we picked up a delta 2.0 and one of their 6x8 reef mats. 

Malibu had a ski boat and so did nautique.  The new nautique is just too ugly for words, maybe if they hadn't covered every inch in seadek. 

There were a few nice wood boats to drool over as well as a race boat. 

Pnwrider

Hit the Seattle show yesterday (opening day). Seattle boats had a beautiful 25 lsv there. Got to crawl around the new Mc x24. Both MC and Nautique brought inboards to the show which was cool to see. The nautique dealer doesn’t have pricing advertised on their boats, which is super annoying and they were the only dealer their doing this (of the boats I looked at).  Thought it was interesting you can only get a power tower on Supra’s now and the makai gets the old Supra manual folding tower which is a big improvement in looks. 

I do wish Malibu would figure out a better sub floor ballast solution for the bow. While I like the batteries in the bow, it would be nice to have storage space under the seats. 

Hemmy

This year’s boat show was the first time I really paid attention to the 25 LSV. Pictures do not do this boat justice as to how big and how much room this boat has.  When I sat in the driver seat and looked back, I was like WOW! 😲  Very impressive.

Hemmy
6 hours ago, oldjeep said:

There were 2 at the Minneapolis show.  Very nice dash and controls, including the joystick steering.  It is tiny inside though.  22 ft boat with less space inside than my 20ft.  Lot of realestate used for the transom seating.   There were also 2 wake tractors, just as awful up close as in pictures.  Mission had a booth and a pretty decent sale, so we picked up a delta 2.0 and one of their 6x8 reef mats. 

Malibu had a ski boat and so did nautique.  The new nautique is just too ugly for words, maybe if they hadn't covered every inch in seadek. 

There were a few nice wood boats to drool over as well as a race boat. 

Did you see @The Hulk‘s expandable pontoon by Bartletta?  It’s supposed to be at that show.

oldjeep
8 hours ago, Hemmy said:

Did you see @The Hulk‘s expandable pontoon by Bartletta?  It’s supposed to be at that show.

Didn't notice it, but we were not looking too closely at any pontoons. 

This one was there last year and the year before. https://www.uniquepontoons.com

Edited by oldjeep

05hammerhead

MN show also had a Chaparral 297 SURF.  Not gonna lie, it had me intrigued.  If it was up to my wife, she'd buy that 100x over a malibu.   The surf gates on that thing were at least double malibus size.  Overall,a beautiful boat.

JeffK

I have to be honest, I'm excited to try and surf behind some of the I/O's with the Volvo.  For us, we spend a lot of time traveling to our favorite spot, surf, tube and swim, then travel back.  If one of those I/O's would surf 80-90% of my Bu's ability, I'd consider it.  I'm guessing they are way more fuel efficient, but I have a hard time believing they measure up in surf-ability. 

minnmarker
On 1/26/2019 at 9:24 PM, Hemmy said:

I was actually shopping for pontoons and do not think it was at the Mpls show.  Barrletta had some other pontoons there.  They were about $8K more than competitive boats.

oldjeep
3 hours ago, 05hammerhead said:

MN show also had a Chaparral 297 SURF.  Not gonna lie, it had me intrigued.  If it was up to my wife, she'd buy that 100x over a malibu.   The surf gates on that thing were at least double malibus size.  Overall,a beautiful boat.

Saw that one too.  It would scare me a lot to drive it.  It is amazing how low that drive sits under the boat.  You would have to be really sure about your water depth

05hammerhead
21 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Saw that one too.  It would scare me a lot to drive it.  It is amazing how low that drive sits under the boat.  You would have to be really sure about your water depth

I thought that initially as well, but its not terribly different than an inboard.  Draft to bottom of running gear was only 30"(trimmed up)(so they say).  If thats right, M235 sits lower than that. 

NWBU

I’m in Spokane for the evening and stopped by their show for an hour. Malibu and then Nautique are the dominant brands around here, and I was told MC was a no-show for the first time. Saw a few Supras at the Nautique dealer, a new Centurion dealer with a few boats and a couple of Tige’s just parked on the side of a hall. It’s a decent sized show because of Coeur d’Alene and all the other lakes they have in the area.

51019670-F05E-4F07-AAB5-B39CD8966F83.thumb.jpeg.4cb9d316322794ec3990cec22f35b66b.jpeg6C382207-1413-46FB-ABE6-FEEA324D10B3.thumb.jpeg.9504828bff9f40f0d56827b03ce50559.jpeg378685B6-2C62-4E49-BD52-9A1E19494F95.thumb.jpeg.235b2ae469a3cb6fe6ce3dfcea12111a.jpeg70671381-71D3-4D2E-9F03-0A94DE5FF4FE.thumb.jpeg.e28329293bf21547b1edde67d144f782.jpeg

NWBU

23 LSVs

B2E8268E-0C0B-4F7A-B8AB-5866C8352D0C.thumb.jpeg.78a90ffd8778d74a104be05032403fc5.jpeg

DC202E64-5962-493E-9A58-B1D4CE3A84CD.thumb.jpeg.676bc44bc243d08caa4ee1acb8915116.jpeg

29C57704-916B-4971-93D2-CF8CE63F71F9.jpeg

hethj7

Looks like they have @Wakesetter67 ‘s 25LSV there!

Wakesetter67
On 2/5/2019 at 3:17 AM, hethj7 said:

Looks like they have @Wakesetter67 ‘s 25LSV there!

You know I have played around with the boat designer, and really did not like anything I came up with on the 25 LSV But that one on the above post looks awesome! So if I ever just that next step....That could be the one!! LOL Wait I think I saw 175000. after discounts, Im going to my shop and be thankful for what I already have LOL

Edited by Wakesetter67

Hyperryd

I have a bunch of discount tickets to the Sacramento boat show if anybody is interested.  They are 50% off on Thursday/Friday or 25% off on Saturday/Sunday.  PM me your address and quantity needed and I will send them out no charge.  I have given about half of them away, but I still have 75 left.

IMG_1777.jpeg

IMG_1780.jpeg

IMG_1781.jpeg