NWBU

2019 Boat Shows

abovewater

45, 60, 70k maybe, but 90k? I know boats are expensive, but this isn't really an affordable alternative.

Cole2001

The surf system looks very similar to the taps 3. Hinge off the end of the boat with a slight hook at the end. 

90k for this thing??? 

ahopkinsVTX
22 minutes ago, abovewater said:

45, 60, 70k maybe, but 90k? I know boats are expensive, but this isn't really an affordable alternative.

Agreed. I don’t see it taking a bite out of inboard sales. It’s an inboard itself. I can’t imagine driving that barge with a single inboard. They can’t even advertise that it will handle way better.

Bozboat

No reason to worry about theft or theft insurance.

hethj7

25LSV in KC.  🤩

AD2E033C-85B5-40A2-ACEC-E766478EE63D.jpeg

Rednucleus
10 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

What purple interior?

4th & 5th pic from top, the 22LSV - is it just their pretty accent lighting.  I will go home, have a scotch and look again - AND consult with my bride too!

Steve B.

Thanks to all for the boat show pics thus far. Love all of them.

So I looked at the toons web page. Its got zero off. 6 litre, 409hp. Ya.  Put a glass bottom on it and I'm buyin one lol. 

Steve B.

Steve B.

I love boats, lol. 

That 22LSV and the A22 to me look like works of art.

Steve B.    

ahopkinsVTX
8 hours ago, Rednucleus said:

4th & 5th pic from top, the 22LSV - is it just their pretty accent lighting.  I will go home, have a scotch and look again - AND consult with my bride too!

Lol! I’m pretty sure that is all graphite and it looks a bit weird from the lighting. 

TenTwentyOne
15 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

With 5K of ballast, I think it has potential.  

But you have to take into consideration the dryweight of the boat....... based on other 22-24’ pontoons, it’s only going to weigh about 3000lbs. And that is being generous. The average 24’ pontoon weighs about 2200 dry including a 400-500lb motor.

So, if it tops out at 8000lbs with fuel, gear, inboard motor (200ish pounds heavier), and 5k ballast........ it’s barely heavier than the average current 23-25’ towboat with fuel, gear, and no ballast in it.

carguy79ta

Unless they can get the gross weight ballasted up, it will be a gimmick. Ifthey do, get the gross wt up to 10k or 11k, it will be a contender...but it will prolly be priced as one.

jcon44

The tower/bimini thing on that surftoon is pretty awesome. Hopefully this catches on..!

hethj7

To add to this and not make this thread all a pt the toon, I pasted my KC thoughts from the “events” forum. 

Just thought I’d share a few observations from the KC show.

Supra SL - we like the flip up seat design on the rear sunpad, while still allowing the sunpad to open like on Malibu’s, we liked the second touch screen at the spotter’s seat - they called it the mom screen and I could certainly see it being used for my wife to control sound, etc. These are a couple small options that could be nice in a future BU.   Storage space seemed underwhelming on this boat.  

Mastercraft X24 - we liked the new helm setup, and I LOVED the stereo zone control - easy to use and had zones for bow, helm, cabin, sub, and tower.   Very cool feature.   The boat overall is large and largely maintains what you’ve been accustomed to from MC through the years -nice fit and finish, great upoholestery, etc.   

Malibu/Axis

We REALLY liked the new 25 LSV.   The new table and wakeview seat operation is really nice (a much lighter feel while steel being solid than the Supra setup).  My only complaint is Malibu’s new helm seat, while an improvement, is still not as nice as Nautique or MC.  The “cutout” for your leg when you turn to talk to riders is more comfortable and done better on the other brands.  The A24 is really sweet.   I still think the wife prefers the Bu, but I would certainly rock a new Axis.   

I’d say Malibu seems to be lacking others in the lighting categories.  Nearly every other brand featured LED’s throughout - cup holders, speakers, window accents, etc.   I’m surprised they haven’t incorporated it more - it seems like a fairly easy add and certainly I heard lots of comments from the female shoppers at the show about how they liked the lights.  I think us males like them too, but certainly for some husbands, anything to get their wife excited over a potential new boat is a plus.   

Moomba - I didn’t spend much time in them, but you can pick up a 25 footer for under 100K.  Seems silly to say, but there does appear to be some value in that.  Of course, once you are approaching that price point, may as well pick up a 25LSV for a bit more 

Pricing - well yea, they keep going up.   Just over $180K show price on the G23 (I remember this being low 130’s I think as recently as 2016).  Supra SL in low 130’s if I recall.   

minnmarker
7 minutes ago, jcon44 said:

The tower/bimini thing on that surftoon is pretty awesome. Hopefully this catches on..!

That would take a BIG cover that would be hard to put on and would not fit under any covered lift I've ever seen.  Otherwise pretty nice if your staff worries about that stuff.

Falko
34 minutes ago, jcon44 said:

There are smaller versions of that type of hard top for boats that I think would be more fitting on a tow boat. That one has huge wings on the sides, not sure that is necessary.

gdmatson
22 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Agreed. I don’t see it taking a bite out of inboard sales. It’s an inboard itself. I can’t imagine driving that barge with a single inboard. They can’t even advertise that it will handle way better.

I’m getting one. Then I won’t worry about scratching my gel at the WLI docks. Best of both worlds. Kinda like a Mullet haircut.😀

ahopkinsVTX
24 minutes ago, gdmatson said:

I’m getting one. Then I won’t worry about scratching my gel at the WLI docks. Best of both worlds. Kinda like a Mullet haircut.😀

Lol! And you can beach it front and center at Mardi Gras! Will have to grow that mullet though...

gdmatson
4 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Lol! And you can beach it front and center at Mardi Gras! Will have to grow that mullet though...

I can picture it! My new not a pontoon, pontoon boat, a sweet mullet and a ton of beads around my neck. 🤣🤣🤣

bamaboy

So it's an inboard pontoon deck boat?  WTH?

I like the effort but this seems to be a classic example of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  Wave looks like crap

DRY AS A BONE!!!!!!

Ridebutter

So did they cut the back off of a G23 to make the front?

siteki

My 8 year old boy wanted me to get one until he saw the wave. He said the wave looked like a “regular boat”!

bamaboy
1 hour ago, siteki said:

My 8 year old boy wanted me to get one until he saw the wave. He said the wave looked like a “regular boat”!

That's when you know you have succeeded as a parent.  Well done sir!

Stevo

It does one hell of a power turn

carguy79ta
On 1/12/2019 at 10:21 AM, bamaboy said:

So it's an inboard pontoon deck boat?  WTH?

I like the effort but this seems to be a classic example of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  Wave looks like crap

DRY AS A BONE!!!!!!

That wave doesn't even look surfable. Most pontoon drivers dont pay attention to where they are going, and they take water over the bow, washing all the Cheetos and such off the transom.