Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
NWBU

2019 Boat Shows

NWBU

T23

F148FBB9-FB71-493F-970E-0C705881B30A.thumb.jpeg.eb948069c78e5b8854a8bd6f4c477c60.jpeg

A24

94414C91-6EFD-45F4-B8C4-7C4609389BA0.thumb.jpeg.fdd902efe7ee7689bc0766d6984f9aea.jpeg

NWBU

25’ Montara Surf Boss

04C9267E-F04D-4642-AE12-A32F26F873EC.thumb.jpeg.35ddabf5c53a7fbbd0a70bd5fb174203.jpeg81A4D74D-0365-477D-9F72-873A9503FF56.thumb.jpeg.0ab69a489b4075fbcae5cae4283e8e62.jpeg6D5ECA23-03E6-4C1D-8CBF-E3E0CA174F92.thumb.jpeg.a2efdf05237cefa8f1528eae76012262.jpeg78299C0E-97BF-4460-A8F5-C829A63ABCAA.thumb.jpeg.808968a2d3f97e5883bfa80c5cb3cfdc.jpeg

skurfer

Good seeing you Jon! Vince is a stud too!  Good to see the PDX wake crew as always.

Edited by skurfer

ahopkinsVTX

That A24 gator step is awesome! Our show is coming up mid February. Will be curious to see if they have that pontoon there. 

oldjeep

That isn't a pontoon, it is a deck boat

Falko

Styling of a Star Trek shuttle craft...

Being boatless right now, going to the boat show could have very dire consequences. Just ordered my tickets...

ID AX

That’s the same “pontoon” that was at the boise show last weekend.  Don’t look to close at it and it seems like a nice boat.  

NWBU
42 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

That isn't a pontoon, it is a deck boat

Yes, the hull converges right after the bow.

I’m not their target buyer but @The Hulk might be.

B3D5F5D3-51F8-4546-A3EB-9965C9D61FD6.thumb.jpeg.fe2acced87c67ffeba366c58e031b363.jpeg

ID AX

Best walkthru transom in the business

Edited by ID AX

Rednucleus

That purple interior just shattered my monitor!

ahopkinsVTX
4 minutes ago, Rednucleus said:

That purple interior just shattered my monitor!

What purple interior?

John I.

The term "surf barge" never seemed more appropriate.

Montara.jpeg.116ab6ea9addd1557c0254062931c6ec.jpeg

I don't know if this is the ultimate solution, but I applaud the effort to design and manufacture a boat for the surf / party cove market. At some point there has to be a better alternative than adding weight and horsepower to the runabout / towboat design.   

Jmcclain01
43 minutes ago, John I. said:

The term "surf barge" never seemed more appropriate.

Montara.jpeg.116ab6ea9addd1557c0254062931c6ec.jpeg

I don't know if this is the ultimate solution, but I applaud the effort to design and manufacture a boat for the surf / party cove market. At some point there has to be a better alternative than adding weight and horsepower to the runabout / towboat design.   

I was about to say the same thing.  While styling may leave a little to be desired, there is a whole lot to be said about the concept and the attempt to pull it off.  While this exact solution may not be the answer, I can tell you, if they eventually come up with a design that both functions well and looks decent, I would be all in.  While people are barking at the price tag, that's the same price as a 21' tow boat these days, and you get four extra feet and a ton more room with this.  The idea of having an aluminum hull for cleaning and care is also appealing.  I will be following this development closely for sure. 

TallRedRider

I've said it before and I will say it again.  If one of those behemoths eventually creates a great wave and has the usability of an I/O or deck boat, the inboard industry may suffer.  With 5K of ballast, I think it has potential.  

I would love to pull my boat on the beach without worries about my pansy gel coat scratching.  

INCOPPNITO

I get it...innovation bla bla....it still made me puke in my office trash can.  

xx29l9

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't care how functional that thing is, it be BUTT UGLY.

Bob

UWSkier

I think it looks kinda neat.  Obviously not a finished product with those swim platform channels exposed like that.

You get a lot of functionality for your money with that rig compared to the modern surf boats.  WAY more interior space per linear foot.  I presume you'll be able to customize interior layouts without much fuss also.

ahopkinsVTX
4 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

I think it looks kinda neat.  Obviously not a finished product with those swim platform channels exposed like that.

You get a lot of functionality for your money with that rig compared to the modern surf boats.  WAY more interior space per linear foot.  I presume you'll be able to customize interior layouts without much fuss also.

Yes there is more space but I know multiple people that sold their pontoons for a 23 LSV. Pontoon seating is so segregated. It’s like a 9th grade dance. Girls in the front, chaperones in the middle and boys in the back. The people I know much prefer cruising with everyone sitting the in cabin and being able to talk to everyone. Plus, you get the performance of a Malibu. :) 

COOP

That looks like they took inspiration from one of the shuttle crafts in The Orville.

That Guy

The swim platform needs to be 2-3x larger...

Steve B.

If it is a toon with the floor deck open to the water, I have a great idea !

Glass bottom !  In a toon it would be cool to look underwater while youre lounging around.

Our boat show is the 17th to 21st. Ill post some pics too.

Steve B.

oldjeep

I would think that will take a big bite out of surf boats if it puts up whatever a good surf wave is.  The seating possibilities are endless, the arrangement in that one isn't that great but there is nothing stopping it from being laid out in the typical wake boat arrangement.