Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

hethj7

KC Boat Show thoughts

hethj7

Just thought I’d share a few observations from the KC show.

Supra SL - we like the flip up seat design on the rear sunpad, while still allowing the sunpad to open like on Malibu’s, we liked the second touch screen at the spotter’s seat - they called it the mom screen and I could certainly see it being used for my wife to control sound, etc. These are a couple small options that could be nice in a future BU.   Storage space seemed underwhelming on this boat.  

Mastercraft X24 - we liked the new helm setup, and I LOVED the stereo zone control - easy to use and had zones for bow, helm, cabin, sub, and tower.   Very cool feature.   The boat overall is large and largely maintains what you’ve been accustomed to from MC through the years -nice fit and finish, great upoholestery, etc.   

Malibu/Axis

We REALLY liked the new 25 LSV.   The new table and wakeview seat operation is really nice (a much lighter feel while steel being solid than the Supra setup).  My only complaint is Malibu’s new helm seat, while an improvement, is still not as nice as Nautique or MC.  The “cutout” for your leg when you turn to talk to riders is more comfortable and done better on the other brands.  The A24 is really sweet.   I still think the wife prefers the Bu, but I would certainly rock a new Axis.   

I’d say Malibu seems to be lacking others in the lighting categories.  Nearly every other brand featured LED’s throughout - cup holders, speakers, window accents, etc.   I’m surprised they haven’t incorporated it more - it seems like a fairly easy add and certainly I heard lots of comments from the female shoppers at the show about how they liked the lights.  I think us males like them too, but certainly for some husbands, anything to get their wife excited over a potential new boat is a plus.   

Moomba - I didn’t spend much time in them, but you can pick up a 25 footer for under 100K.  Seems silly to say, but there does appear to be some value in that.  Of course, once you are approaching that price point, may as well pick up a 25LSV for a bit more :)

Pricing - well yea, they keep going up.   Just over $180K show price on the G23 (I remember this being low 130’s I think as recently as 2016).  Supra SL in low 130’s if I recall.