Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response touchscreen issues

This is my second Response and I love the boat however the new TXi touchscreen is driving me crazy. What’s wrong with a key start? I know I can disable the code to start but that doesn’t help when I want to turn on the nav lights or operate the wedge. Has anyone else had issues with the responsiveness of the touchscreen? Is it a heat issue or too much sun screen on my hand? Any advice would be great.

33 minutes ago, DiscoDave said:

This is my second Response and I love the boat however the new TXi touchscreen is driving me crazy. What’s wrong with a key start? I know I can disable the code to start but that doesn’t help when I want to turn on the nav lights or operate the wedge. Has anyone else had issues with the responsiveness of the touchscreen? Is it a heat issue or too much sun screen on my hand? Any advice would be great.

There is a key start as well unless your boat is a 2011

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, DiscoDave said:

You may want to check the settings to see if there is a calibrate screen option. I honestly can't remember if there is or not, but it is worth a check. Have a ton of sunscreen on your hand will probably effect it as well.

What year is your TXi? The screens in the 2012-2016's have been known to de-laminate which will definitely effect its responsiveness/stop working.

Edited by ahopkinsVTX
  • 2 weeks later...