Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Hemmy

Chicago Boat Show Jan 9 - 13

Hemmy

The Chicago boat show starts tomorrow for anybody interested.  I am looking forward to going there Sunday to check things out.

https://www.chicagoboatshow.com/

JeffK

I am taking my oldest (9) up for a guys weekend on Saturday to check things out. 

CedarLakeSkier

Trying to convince myself to go.  If I do, it will be Thursday night after work.   The past few years this show has been pretty disappointing.  No ski boats.  Very little, if any, pro shop style items

Hemmy
On 1/9/2019 at 12:33 PM, CedarLakeSkier said:

Trying to convince myself to go.  If I do, it will be Thursday night after work.   The past few years this show has been pretty disappointing.  No ski boats.  Very little, if any, pro shop style items

You are right on the lack of pro shop style options.  Skipper Bud's had a pro shop with some stuff.  However, the brand selection and inventory was very limited.  I was looking for a good deal on a Slalom ski for myself to learn on and also  a kids surf board.  The guy there recommended a hyperlite 54" Broadcast surf board for a 6 year old to learn on.  He just wanted me to buy something since they did not have any kids boards and they only carried Hyperlite.  I told him that board was too big for a 6 year old to learn on or even to get the board to flip up.  He told me getting the board to flip up was on the driver.  Couldn't believe it.
I don't know much about the slalom ski's but it did not seem like they had a lot to choose from, especially for beginner to intermediate. 

Overall the show was still pretty fun.  Always cool to check out and crawl around the new boats.  Although, I think you are also right about the ski boats.  I wasn't really looking, but I don't think Munson's had a ski boat at the Malibu booth.

CedarLakeSkier
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:56 AM, Hemmy said:

You are right on the lack of pro shop style options.  Skipper Bud's had a pro shop with some stuff.  However, the brand selection and inventory was very limited.  I was looking for a good deal on a Slalom ski for myself to learn on and also  a kids surf board.  The guy there recommended a hyperlite 54" Broadcast surf board for a 6 year old to learn on.  He just wanted me to buy something since they did not have any kids boards and they only carried Hyperlite.  I told him that board was too big for a 6 year old to learn on or even to get the board to flip up.  He told me getting the board to flip up was on the driver.  Couldn't believe it.
I don't know much about the slalom ski's but it did not seem like they had a lot to choose from, especially for beginner to intermediate. 

Overall the show was still pretty fun.  Always cool to check out and crawl around the new boats.  Although, I think you are also right about the ski boats.  I wasn't really looking, but I don't think Munson's had a ski boat at the Malibu booth.

No, Munson's didn't have a Response and the guy said they were essentially special order only.

Nautique had their ski tug (MSRP 108K), and Mastercraft had a Prostar... virtually unchanged from previous years.

Radar/Ronix had a small booth near Mastercraft.  I think it was 10% off, but I think the prices were MSRP.   I don't think 10% off MSRP is a great deal unless you want something typically not discounted (Brand new release items).