Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Scratches around wakesetter sticker

My 08 LSV though not high in hours... was pretty well used by the folks before me... I’m slowly putting things right :)

I would like to do as much as possible of the fixes myself bringing in a Pro only for those items that need one (I already brought in a colorpro fellow to fix some small fabric tears..).

Which brings me to the attachéd photo...with the light scratches right around the plastic wakesetter decal ...

I’m a novice however, I do have a griots random orbital buffer :)  And was thinking of getting one of these?

Meguiars one step marine compound 

I see some older recommendations too but of

3M finess IT

Meguiars Scratch X

Meguiars Ultimat compound

Thoughts?

7CC76632-F7E4-4D64-BD28-E6CB50797415.jpeg

What solution would you suggest putting on the buffer? And will there be a shadow where the sticker was?

Two more details .. is there a safe chemical like go be gone or marine formula to help remove the sticker and is the boat worth less when the time comes to resell it without the stickers?

Edited by Argonaut

Not really a good way to work compound around decals.  I taped off my drip-molded decals when I did my boat but even with tape protecting the decals, I couldn't get in between them well enough to really make me happy.

As for removal of scratches like that (fender scratches), I had great luck with some light wet sanding, followed by Chemical Guys Boat Heavy compound on a cutting pad, then Chemical Guys Boat Revive polish on a polishing pad.  Most people who see my '01 can't believe how new it looks.