Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RF Black Box, Where is it?

FerrisB

So, I'm trying to get the iPod port on my 2014 vtx to work. When I poke around, I see that none of the ports coming from the glovebox are connected to anything. They are just hanging lose. So I figure all I need to do is connect them to the black box and I will be golden. Now I show my ignorance. I cannot find the black box. In the compartment directly below the glovebox, there are three RF components, a P300x2, a P1000x1bd and a P400x4. No black box. Any ideas where else I should be looking?

Thanks much. 

I just bought it a couple months ago. The FM radio is spotty at best. I did locate the FM antenna and it is also disconnected. That cable is right by the other non-connected cables from the glovebox port. I have not tried to access the audio through the maliview. 

Ok, not worried about picking up actual stations. Tring to establish that somewhere in the boat, there is a piece of equipment that has a tuner. So, what do you push buttons on, in order to change FM stations, even though they dont come in, just static. 

When your phone "sees" the boat's blue tooth, whats its handle on your phone? This can give a clue to its brand. 

Edited by MLA

No, it looks like this...  https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pmx-2/

There are a bundle of cables located on the back wall of the amp rack. In that bundle is a cable that looks similar to the iPod connection except it is a male connection and the configuration is different then outlet configuration in the glovebox. 

Edited by FerrisB
Added more detail

Success!  Once it was determined what I had to work with, I did a little more digging.  Come to find out, there is a USB port and audio jack in a compartment near the throttle. When I first plugged my iPod classic in, the head unit read, "USB Reading". So I did a little more research. The PMX-2 is not compatible with an iPod Classis. So I grabbed an iPod Touch and it came up clean. I can toggle through the menu right on the head unit itself and the audio jack works just fine too. The port also charges the iPod when using the iPod cable. I guess all this explains why the port in the glove box was not wired and the cables are hanging loose in the back.

Thanks again for everyone's input. (If only I had noticed that port near the throttle first and given it a try. Oh well, you live and learn).