Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Our 5th Malibu - 2018 23 LSV

carnold12

2 hours ago, Murphy8166 said:

I really like your color combo!  Wife was not having it on our 2019 order but I struggled with doing something very similar to you 2018.  Beautiful boat.

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Sharp boat and congratulations! I really like the interior/exterior combo of that. 

Thank you! It's definitely something different for us. Every boat in the past has been very 'in your face' (i.e. bright blue, yellow, green), so this is much more subtle.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, carnold12 said:

Thank you! It's definitely something different for us. Every boat in the past has been very 'in your face' (i.e. bright blue, yellow, green), so this is much more subtle.

That boat is still going to turn heads! It’s very sharp and I think everyone in boating can appreciate a clean, nicely waxed white boat!

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, gibbs114 said:

Great looking boat! I’m on my 5th Malibu also going on 6 now after ordering my 2nd 2019. I sold my first 2019 before I even got to use it.

Wow! Did you go with the same thing on the second one?

On 1/6/2019 at 7:12 PM, carnold12 said:

Wow! Did you go with the same thing on the second one?

Basically the same options but I did change my colors. 

On 1/9/2019 at 7:49 AM, Five Cent Worth said:

Thanks for sharing.  Really like the look of the new boat with the tan!  

Thank you. It'll take a little getting use to, but very excited to see how it looks on the water!

On 1/9/2019 at 9:32 AM, REHinH20 said:

Beautiful boat - I guess Crimson and Cream weren't available colors?

Ha! While my grad degree is from OU, I went to Kansas for undergrad, so I'd be hard pressed to choose Crimson and Cream over Crimson and Blue.

On 1/18/2019 at 2:43 PM, SoDakSooner said:

Nice.  Hey Keystone isn't muddy, at least not red mud like the OKC lakes...lol.

You're right, both Keystone and Murray are extremely clear by OKC standards! Broken Bow is another good one

On 1/6/2019 at 7:06 AM, carnold12 said:

Like many of you on here, our family has owned various boats over the past several decades, with the most recent all being Malibus. I thought you all might get a kick out of our Malibu boat history and the journey that led to picking up our family's 5th Malibu last week. I want to find pictures of all of our older Malibus through the years and I'll post them here when I do. I'm sure some of you would have some really cool walks through Malibu boat history as well!

We started with a '91 Sunsetter Euro F3 that was three shades of blue and maybe my favorite of all of them. That little boat handled so well and did everything (at the time) really well. We moved to an '03 Wakesetter when my brother and I convinced our parents that "a tower was the only thing holding us back from being professional wakeboarders". That boat was still a direct drive, so the next logical step was a V-drive Wakesetter that we bought new in '06.  After graduating from college and moving away to Oklahoma City for work, I bought that boat from my parents and they picked up a used 2010 Wakesetter VLX to keep at their lake house on Table Rock. We had both boats for a couple years, but I began finding myself at Table Rock more and more often, leaving fewer weekends to use my own Malibu here in Oklahoma (after spending time in the clear water of TRL, it's really hard to come back to the muddy red water around most of Oklahoma). I ended up selling the '06 and just making the ~4 hour drive every other weekend to be at TRL with friends and family. We bought a Roswell wake shaper for the 2010 VLX and made the surf wake work for our needs, but always clamored about one day owning a newer Malibu built for surfing. Over the past few years, I bet I read every thread on this website that talked about all the latest and greatest features; it was fun to dream!

At the end of this past season, my Dad and I decided we were going to take the plunge on a new Malibu together (after much persuasion and ponying up from me haha). I had built a good relationship with the awesome folks at Wilson Watersports here in OKC, as they had sold a couple of the earlier boats to us and I work the winter boat shows for them every year. Knowing that we were in the market for a 23 LSV, they called about a 2018 that we had looked at earlier in the year. A gentlemen had bought the boat new, used it a couple times, and came back to the dealership wanting his money back. I won't go into the whole story because it's not mine to to tell, but ultimately the boat came available again with only a few hours of use. The dealership was taking delivery of all their 2019's and was motivated to move the 2018 quickly. The rest is history....

Here's a couple photos of Malibu #5. The interior photos were ones I took before it sold the first time and before window tint and the 2nd pair of tower speakers. We love the simple color scheme and think the saddle interior really pops against the mainly white exterior. You might also notice two different black GMC Sierras in the photos - I towed it halfway to the lake house with my 1500 and my Dad met me there in his 3500 to go the rest of the way. My 6.2L towed great, but it obviously isn't even a comparison to the Duramax. Fortunately (or unfortunately if you're like us who enjoy towing), this baby will live most of her life on a lift at our dock on TRL. Maybe we'll have to use that as an excuse to try out some other lakes across the country :thumbup:

To say that warmer weather can't come fast enough is a true understatement!

image1_copy.jpg

image5_copy.jpg

image4_copy.jpg

image2 copy.jpg

image3 copy.jpg

Great looking boat and finally a boat with the proper use of tan interior and soft grip!

• Like 2