Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
NCVride

2006 Vride Swim Platform Pad Replacement

Recommended Posts

NCVride

Looking at replacing my platform pad this winter.  Anyone have any recommendations/suggestions?   I know sea dek is great but I’d like to get something gray with Malibu spelled out on it.   Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wdr
Posted (edited)

A lot of us on here did a group buy through Gator Step which I would highly recommend not only for the product, but the customer service was outstanding as well. A couple of members were wanting the Malibu logo as well and could not get it for a number of reasons mostly a copy right issue if I remember correctly. A word of advice, template your old pad before you pull it off. You can more than likely get what ever premade pad you want or need for your boat from the vendor you go through, but the end result will be at best the 90% solution as far as an exact fit as I found out. Fortunately mine was closer to 96%. 

Edited by wdr
Sp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chaabo
Posted (edited)

I used Seadek and am super happy with it!

Wasn’t cheap (around $350) but the fit was 100%.

Seadek has templates online for most of our Malibus.

I read here before that they don’t do the Malibu Logo, so I didn’t bother to even ask when I ordered the pad. I went with a blank (2 tone) which I’m totally fine with. There’s a big Malibu logo on the transom of the boat anyway.

Can’t be more happy how it turned out!

45747985975_812179bc95_n.jpg

46610483002_40dd652727_n.jpg

 

 

Edited by Chaabo
Added pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minnmarker
1 hour ago, Chaabo said:

I used Seadek and am super happy with it!

 

Me too.

0502161424ar1.jpg.1c221faf6d526d2bd7335f036370503a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
REHinH20
Posted (edited)

I also was part of the Gator Step group buy - I did platform, but also had them add on Gunnels, and bow.  Sure is nice not having kids slip when leaping into the water.  Mine's an 06 also, so if the VRide and VLX have the same platform, they already have the template.

Gator_plat.jpg

GatorStepbow1.jpg

Edited by REHinH20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Infinitysurf

I added decking to my gunnels and entire bow area, removed the carpet/snaps on the lid of my walk thru cooler cover and added decking there, as well as removed the factory pieces at bottom of my stainless steel cup holders and added a "small circle" of decking at bottom of my 16 cup holders. I also ordered a replacement pad for my walk thru transom (single piece compared to the 3-piece design that came from the factory) and just have not replaced that yet. I also fabricated a custom "step" into the center of my back seat so surfers can walk from cabin....up to the new "hard step" in the back seat...and then over the walk-thru transom. This keeps people from stepping on my seats/vinyl and is one of the best mods I have done since I am OCD about walking on vinyl.

I created custom templates (you can order a template kit) for all the above decking pieces and ordered thru Aqua Marine Decking in Spring of 2018, it perfectly matched the factory decking on my 2014 and fit turned out perfect! It held up excellent thru use all last summer and the Aqua Marine pricing was cheaper than the other brands. Customer Service and turn around time was also good in case anyone wants to check out Aqua Marine Decking.

Like others said, I don't think anyone is licensed to do the Malibu logo on decking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCMike
On 1/14/2019 at 6:55 AM, Infinitysurf said:

 factory pieces at bottom of my stainless steel cup holders and added a "small circle" of decking at bottom of my 16 cup holders. 

Do you have the template for these, or can you tell me the diameter?  I tried to do the same with Gatorstep, but we could not seem to get the correct diameter.  I finally just decided to skip it, and not order the pieces.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Infinitysurf
On 1/15/2019 at 1:43 PM, SCMike said:

Do you have the template for these, or can you tell me the diameter?  I tried to do the same with Gatorstep, but we could not seem to get the correct diameter.  I finally just decided to skip it, and not order the pieces.  

Honestly what I did, was go thru all the cups in our cabinet and see which one was correct and fit what I have. I have 2 different size stainless cups in my boat and found after checking both the bottom and tops of my cups that I had 2 diameter sizes that were perfect (figured tracing a cut bottom/top was the easiest way to make a perfect circle since I don't have a compass. When I found one that seemed close, I traced the cup diameter on piece of paper, then cut it out and tried it. Once I had the 2 that fit perfectly....I used the Mylar template material from Aqua Marine and tracked the round pattern on that. Once I got them, I cleaned all the old crap out of the bottom of the cups using hot water and soap....then rubbing alcohol. Then I made sure the new decking was warm and installed them, been holding perfectly for almost a year.

If you wanna PM me, I am happy to send you the info. If mine are the same as your (which I would assume so), I will give you my order info so you can contact Aqua Marine and tell them how many of each you want out of your choice of the decking so you don't have to pay for the templating. I had the Gray,/Black Dot Pattern on my boat....Its the black on lower layer with Gray on top layer....so the black shows up on the edging and when a pattern is etched in the decking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCMike
1 hour ago, Infinitysurf said:

Honestly what I did, was go thru all the cups in our cabinet and see which one was correct and fit what I have. I have 2 different size stainless cups in my boat and found after checking both the bottom and tops of my cups that I had 2 diameter sizes that were perfect (figured tracing a cut bottom/top was the easiest way to make a perfect circle since I don't have a compass. When I found one that seemed close, I traced the cup diameter on piece of paper, then cut it out and tried it. Once I had the 2 that fit perfectly....I used the Mylar template material from Aqua Marine and tracked the round pattern on that. Once I got them, I cleaned all the old crap out of the bottom of the cups using hot water and soap....then rubbing alcohol. Then I made sure the new decking was warm and installed them, been holding perfectly for almost a year.

If you wanna PM me, I am happy to send you the info. If mine are the same as your (which I would assume so), I will give you my order info so you can contact Aqua Marine and tell them how many of each you want out of your choice of the decking so you don't have to pay for the templating. I had the Gray,/Black Dot Pattern on my boat....Its the black on lower layer with Gray on top layer....so the black shows up on the edging and when a pattern is etched in the decking.

PM sent.  Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Infinitysurf
23 hours ago, SCMike said:

PM sent.  Thanks! 

Replied to PM and emailed you the details.

The 2 diameter sizes I have (which fit perfectly) were: 2 1/8"....and 3 3/8".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCMike
On 1/18/2019 at 6:45 AM, Infinitysurf said:

Replied to PM and emailed you the details.

The 2 diameter sizes I have (which fit perfectly) were: 2 1/8"....and 3 3/8".

Thanks! I polled my boat out of storage last night for some winter projects.  I’ll be able to confirm measurements so I can get my order in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...