Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine mount bolt re-torque

Have a 2006 Sunscape with 300 hours.  The marina is recommending that the engine mount bolts be re-torqued.  We haven't done any work on the powertrain. The maintenance schedule doesn't mention it.  Do I want to have it done?  Ice-out in ~100 days!

My BS flag is flying fully erect. 

Did they mention why they thought your mount bolts need to be retorqued?  Check the alignment, maybe, but not retorque the bolts.  If they are snug, you are good. 

@Frozen:  I suggest you follow the maintenance schedule.  Except if the marina knows something not noted, or has some valid reason for the suggestion.  You can very easily do that check yourself by making sure they are tight.  Most engine mounts have tabs that keep nuts in place or even have paint dabs that allow a visual inspection to verify nuts/bolts are tight.