Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Circulation pump to wrong hose?

Argonaut

I have just added a CM30 below the dash to my 2008 23 LSV.

i was not sure which hose leading to the heatercraft to connect it to so I disconnected one and put two buckets under dash..

Result 1: at idle they both had water coming out! 

I measured the amount of water and one had a few more ounces than the other so I connected the pump to that hose to help pump more water through the heater..

Result 2: I wanted up the engine to 160 and switched on the heater... the pump worked but the air coming out was cold!

Do I have the wrong hose connected or do I need to take the boat for a ride?

Do you have a Y fitting returning the water back to your raw water pump?  If so, pump toward that. 

Otherwise, hot water should generally flow from the intake manifold to the heater and then return to the circulation pump. 

I don’t see a Y but I took the hose off the top of the engine, blue air through and ended up swapping hoses ... took the boat for a spin on the lake and it works great!