Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Board recommendation

MustGoFast

Yep I'm buying a new board want something more agile to learn a 360 this year.

Looking at the Victoria agent and factor - think I like that the agent for my weight is a little shorter (I'm 200 again ;()

I can buy phase five stuff local which means I can try or return unlike the vics.  Don't know anything about the line though.  What might you recommend for a beginner looking to advance in a second board.

Was also thinking of getting a board specifically for my wife 5'9" 155lbs - she's been rope-less on the broadcast for a while, but I would bet she'd enjoy something smaller than my weight has us on.  Any reco's there?

Been reading on P5 stuff for the last couple hours - Seems everyone loves the HammerHead - I also found good stuff on the Diamond and there's a fairly good supply of deals on the leftover '18s there.  The Leeo looks interesting as well, not sure why that would be a "girls board" other than who designed it.  I think I'm considering the slightly flatter tail just for a bit better push that these boards have over something like an MVP or Matrix

The new Victoria Agent is extremely fun. It’s a completely new shape and has a lot for performance but is still really stable and easy to ride for beginners like the old one. 

I was surprised when I was able to get decent air on it and do 360 shuvits. 

At 5’9” 155, your wife would be fine on a men’s board as long as it is sized correctly.  In Victoria she would ride a men’s medium.  Phase 5 would be the same probably. 

We have the old Agent and love it.  If we were moving up, would we be looking at the new Agent or jump to the Factor PCX? 

On 1/3/2019 at 6:25 AM, River Monsters said:

We have the old Agent and love it.  If we were moving up, would we be looking at the new Agent or jump to the Factor PCX? 

It depends what you want different from your current board. If you want to focus on getting in the air, get the Factor PCX 

On 1/3/2019 at 8:25 AM, River Monsters said:

Do you know what the subtle shape changes they made to the agent will mean for ride-ability?  I can see they stubbed the nose a little and trimmed the rear sides a touch but they don't say much else.

Victoria, Kanuk and phase 5 are definitely the ones to have. 

For phase 5, personally I think they have way to many options and can be a bit overwhelming. Honestly the main part that makes a women’s board is having a smaller size offered. The matrix, diamond, Luv or the Leo are the best options it just comes down to what you’re looking for. 

I rode an agent for a while but it lacked the speed the higher end/performance boards had but so did the price so all good. 

On 1/5/2019 at 2:46 PM, MustGoFast said:

Do you know what the subtle shape changes they made to the agent will mean for ride-ability?  I can see they stubbed the nose a little and trimmed the rear sides a touch but they don't say much else.

The tail makes it more responsive and hold in the wake better than before. It kept what I liked about the agent and made it better. The change is probably subtle to most, but it made me contemplate getting one as my 2019 board  

The new nose didn’t really change much for me. Both old and new agents ride great backwards. 

The new traction option is nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 3:31 PM, MustGoFast said:

Bought a 2018 Agent on clearance figured nothing to lose at that price.

Going to consider a hammerhead too if I can find the right price 

Im a surf style guy primarily but I do have an older agent.  Funnest skim I have ever ridden.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, wedge88 said:

I love my P5 HH.  Picked up a P5 Scamp for the kiddos for Christmas so excited to see how they like it.

if you have a decent wake, the adults will love that board as well.

I put 1" fins on it, makes it a lot of fun.

On 2/7/2019 at 1:24 PM, eubanks said:

That Hammerhead looks sick!  :drool:

Thanks - of course it would be a lot more fun to see it in the water, but I'm sure we've got 2' of ice out there still, no luck on that for a while.