Sign in to follow this  
skislut

Heater

skislut

OK I am in the garage installing a passenger side heater, going to install it in series with the drivers heater. I'm also doing the low RPM fix at the same time.

Question at this point is which hose is the outlet to the heater core & which one returns water to the block? Options being hose coming out of the intake & hose hooking up to the engine water pump.

Rod S

Hot comes off the intake and circulates back thru the pump. :)

tvano

i'm considering a mod to my 4 outlet heater that would work swell with a 2 or 3 outlet unit, too.

one of my euro vents is located at the base of the drivers window.

i think i will plumb a "Y" to another euro the drivers feet (for a total of 2 at that location).

after the mod i can get full airflow at either the windshield or the drivers feet by opening just one of the eurovents.

after the window has cleared you don't often need the heat up top, but the driver will appreciate the additional warmth on those cold mornings.

zzbutler

what is the low rpm fix? or what is the problem rather?

VinRLX

tvano, when you say plumb a Y, you mean with vent hoses?

zz, low rpm problem is that the water pump will not pull enough hot water at idle speed to produce adequate heat. If you plumb a Y fitting into the main intake line, prior to the impeller, the water circulates well at all RPM. The current "draw" fitting near the water pump has to be plugged because you take away the hose from that location.

tvano

VinRLX

yes, Y any of the vents into two euros and either can carry the full stream if the other is closed.