Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Trailer Wheels

eubanks

The 18” Horizon comes in all black also. That’s what I went with this year. 

I love the 18” Stinger (aka M235 wheel) like @Wakesetter67 and had them on my original order. But I made a last minute change to the Horizon pictured below (not my boat) mainly because I didn’t think the machined edges would look good without any silver on the scheme I ordered. 

9217E41E-5CCB-4627-8634-43D8C778218B.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks guys. We went with the 18” Horizons in all black. Had the inserts in matching vapor blue metallic but worry it would look dated after a couple of years so changed to all black. I like the lower right ones you posted @Ronnie but forgot they are discontinued for 2019. Guess we will stick with the Horizons. Just thinking about how to sync them up with the new truck wheels. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, DkLkSkr said:

Can these be bought outside a dealer or does one need to go through a dealer?

You can go to a place like Discount Tire ans orser just about anything you want!  I used to buy my own 18’s for my boat trailers so that I could match my truck (Pics below; i used to try a lot harder). I got my hands on the old Boatmate wheel size (height, width, offset, bolt patter), even bought the same tires they were using back then  

The issue you have is the factory 18’s aren’t just taller, they’re wider too. So the trailer needs to have wider fenders. I would order my trailers from Boatmate with the standard 14” wheels and pizza cutter tires. But I’d ask them to build the trailer with wider fenders to accommodate my 18’s. My dealer would give me a few bucks back for the 14” takeoffs which they could sell to other customers (Axis upgrade or as spares).  

I stopped doing this when Malibu started making the trailers. Not sure if they’d give you the wider fenders without the big wheels, I’ve honestly never asked.

If you’re talking about a boat you already have, you can upsize the wheels but you’ll have to stay narrow unless you’re willing to put new fenders on. 

F29675A1-7CFE-43F9-B254-5F2F8119D2E3.jpeg

9930BA08-E346-4D7A-AEBD-D25E47028C6E.jpeg

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
13 hours ago, Strong said:

Does anyone know if Malibu sells the 18" upgrade kit?  Mainly the fenders.  My trailer was made by Malibu in 2019.

Yep, your dealer can order them for you.  I think they are around $300 or so.  

• 3 years later...
On 12/29/2018 at 6:59 AM, Ronnie said:

These are the options last time I checked.

image.pngimage.png

15C05753-4BC0-4A80-BE53-0BAE4BD18F2F.jpeg

Does anybody know who makes the 18 Revolvers? Hoping to source one cheaper than the dealer.