Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

F-150 for 2019 23 LSV?

eubanks

9 minutes ago, SCMike said:

Although I know I have the skills and tools to do a level, I chose not to do it for my last two trucks.  I wanted a reputable shop that would take responsibility if anything was off, or went wrong.  The internet is flooded with horror stores of level installs gone wrong. I did on the other hand install the airbags and onboard air compressor for both my GMC Denali and F250.  Both of those installs took about 2 hours and were pretty easy with basic hand tools.

17B41B9E-6FA1-45A6-B3C7-E1B23BF6B4FC.jpeg

• Like 2

@SCMike That is one sick looking rig!

I was planning to do new wheels and tires.  Probably just 20's with 33" tires.  I would just do the level but worried I am going to be headlights to the sky once I hitch up the boat.  That's what had me feel like I need to do both the level and the rear bags.  I really like the electronic systems as well.  How much sag are you guys getting with your 23 LSV's?  I need to measure mine but the factory rake is right between 2.5 and 3 inches.

9 hours ago, eubanks said:

I was planning to do new wheels and tires.  Probably just 20's with 33" tires.  I would just do the level but worried I am going to be headlights to the sky once I hitch up the boat.  That's what had me feel like I need to do both the level and the rear bags.  I really like the electronic systems as well.  How much sag are you guys getting with your 23 LSV's?  I need to measure mine but the factory rake is right between 2.5 and 3 inches.

My 18 23 LSV weighs 7250 lbs on trailer with 800 lbs tongue weight.  I have Bags on my 05 Nissan titan and a 2" leveling kit in front. I can level or raise it above the front if wanted. Usually run about 50 LBS when towing boat. Airlift bags and compressor for last 13 years. Only 20 lbs in bags here.image.thumb.png.af9af2584841a322ee7a87cb7291c03b.png

On 4/17/2019 at 9:17 AM, eubanks said:

Thanks @eubanks!

on an F150 33’s will look pretty nice and will perform like stock.  I had that same set up on my 2015 GMC Sierra and it rose really nice.  Airbags are a nice option even if you don’t use them every time. On my F250 I put about 10-15# of air in them.  On my MC I had to put about 50#, but they really help with the half ton. 

2 hours ago, Texasjet said:

2.5” level on 35s. Changed 1.5” blocks in back for 3” blocks. Has a little rake unloaded. Level with boat. 

Nice. Those look like 33’s, no?  This is probably a lot cheaper option than air bags. Install yourself?  What brand level?

20 hours ago, eubanks said:

Nice. Those look like 33’s, no?  This is probably a lot cheaper option than air bags. Install yourself?  What brand level?

They are 275/65r20 so really 34”. Any taller and wider on a level kit and you start getting into rub issues on the front and rear crash bars on the newer trucks. I have always done the lifts and levels myself but 4wheel parts was running a $100 install special so easy decision.  I did do the rear blocks myself.  Can’t remember the brand but these spacer level kits are all about the same. 

• 2 months later...

Ok, so what are the thoughts on bags vs. blocks for the back?  I am ok running a little bit of rake if that saves me a ton of money.  The bags, compressor, installation look to be very expensive (bags-$400, compressor-$700, install-$500) whereas the larger block option is obviously a very cheap alternative.  Thoughts?

Edited by eubanks

Not an F-150 but my truck has 2.25" level up front and Firestone bags in the rear. The bags have by far been the best improvement in towing for my 1/2 ton. I installed myself, took a few hours to do one side and about 30 minutes to do the other. I dind't do the onboard compressor and total price was somewhere around $300 or $350 IIRC.  Lots of versatility with the bags. Can give you the rake you want, help when you're hauling heavy loads, etc...for short trips I've way overloaded my truck but with the bags it rides level and steers/stops better. Last weekend we went camping and I had the truck loaded down. Boat was full, cab was full, bed was full...even had 500lbs of lead wake bags. I filled up the airbags and rode nice and level for 300 miles. Only downside was the 8mpg...

Edited by jetskipro550
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 2:22 PM, jetskipro550 said:

Not an F-150 but my truck has 2.25" level up front and Firestone bags in the rear. 

Finally got around to updating my new truck. 

Pro Comp 2.5” Level

Ride Rite Bags w/ Compressor

Raptor Grille

Fuel Mavericks on Ridge Grapplers

AE80656A-211E-43FC-8057-B16D60B0DC00.jpeg

93C631C8-FB3A-4204-9FAF-AEDB41F2C589.jpeg

2152C533-0F4B-4F36-8CC0-D2F70BF4CF73.jpeg

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, eubanks said:

Finally got around to updating my new truck. 

Pro Comp 2.5” Level

Ride Rite Bags w/ Compressor

Raptor Grille

Fuel Mavericks on Ridge Grapplers

AE80656A-211E-43FC-8057-B16D60B0DC00.jpeg

93C631C8-FB3A-4204-9FAF-AEDB41F2C589.jpeg

2152C533-0F4B-4F36-8CC0-D2F70BF4CF73.jpeg

Sweet setup.  You will love the Ridge Grapplers.  

• Like 2
On 6/24/2019 at 12:32 PM, eubanks said:

The bags, compressor, installation look to be very expensive (bags-$400, compressor-$700, install-$500) whereas the larger block option is obviously a very cheap alternative.  Thoughts?

Air bags for a '18 F150, $346 shipped no tax.  https://smile.amazon.com/Air-Lift-88284-LoadLifter-Ultimate/dp/B00T9H3TZS/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=88284&qid=1563577142&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Auto-leveling air compressor setup, $346.46 shipped, no tax: https://smile.amazon.com/SmartAir-Single-Path-Air-Compressor/dp/B019DJR7KY/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=25490&qid=1563577235&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Install - free, break out the jack, hack stands and a wrench.  You can do this whole project for under $700.  You can also save a few bucks going with a cheaper on-board compressor setup as well that doesn't do the auto-level.  

Good looking truck @eubanks. Love those Ridge Grapplers. I am in the market for new rubber for my 2500 ram ctd. I would be getting a 35in or so tire. Wondering how the RGs standup mileage wise, 40k? If so, sold. Love that blocky tread. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 9:10 AM, carguy79ta said:

Good looking truck @eubanks. Love those Ridge Grapplers. I am in the market for new rubber for my 2500 ram ctd. I would be getting a 35in or so tire. Wondering how the RGs standup mileage wise, 40k? If so, sold. Love that blocky tread. 

I’m read anything from 40-60k. Very quit on the road for that tread pattern. So far I love them!

44 minutes ago, rsutton1223 said:

The trailers are weighted really well from the factory. I'm lifted 6" and with the right adjustable hitch the truck stays level.

DSC02796-Edit-X2.jpg

Random question but what lift are you running? Bags in the rear or no?