Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Depth finder install on A24?

daylorb

Got my new boat, looks like I got my first project - never even thought to ask/just assumed it came with a depth finder, but it appears that is not the case.  Anyone install one on an A24?  Found a thread about installation on an A22, figure it has to be similar, although it was for an older boat.  Curious if anyone knows part number/location/etc.  Went to Bakes and they had nothing related to Axis or Depth.

I did this on an 2015 A22. Got the part from bakes but I had to call them. It’s a fairly easy job as long as your comfortable drilling through your hull. The depth finder plugs right in to existing wiring harness. 

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same issue with my purchase of a 2014 A24 last year. Looked all over the boards and YouTube but nothing....Found a simple Hawkeye unit at West Marine then had a marine shop (I'm sure Bakes could do it) drill a hole in the dash and install.  Unit is then placed inside hull in center bilge area.  Directions to install are pretty simple.  Happy to talk more about it if needed.

I may take you up on that.  The plot gets thicker - spec sheet/options show one installed...  it is not showing up on the lcd screen as it should, so could be a config issue.  Boat is in a slip and the water is 52 so I ain't getting in to physically verify it yet!

• 4 years later...

Following-up on this.  What a crazy process...   in case anyone else having this issue.  My boat did come with depth finder, took it in to get fixed and was told it needed a  software update.  Waited and brought it back again this year in Feb in Austin.  Guys there are great - but three months later no fix.  They have replaced every part, every screen, wiring harness, etc. and cannot get depth to work.  Both surf gates and wedge were also not working - they got those fixed.

Back to drawing board - but looks like after market only option to get depth working.