Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
daylorb

Got my A24 today - thanks for the help!

Recommended Posts

Slayer

Great looking boat!   Congrats on the purchase!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abovewater

fantastic looking boat. I purchased a used A24 in October and am counting the days to May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NobadDays

Congrats on the purchase. Great looking A24!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX

Looks great man. I do like that color and they used it well on that boat. Not overwhelming but enough to make it look very nice. Will look even better on the water!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NMMalibuFamily

Congrats!  Enjoy the new ride!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MustGoFast

@daylorb - That's a beautiful looking boat!  Hopefully you can get the hull wet soon (I'm months away from seeing the water here again)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlindSquirrel

+1 on the color. Looks great:thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daylorb
12 hours ago, MustGoFast said:

@daylorb - That's a beautiful looking boat!  Hopefully you can get the hull wet soon (I'm months away from seeing the water here again)

Got a Xmas even trip in - little chilly but fun.  Still only 9hrs on it so didn't push it hard but one noticeable difference from my '13 LSV is torque.  It feels like it has quite a bit more of a hole shot.  Even wife gave a holy [email protected]#t at one point.  Boat pulls severely to the left at 30mph+ though.  Need to deal with that.  When I say severe I mean if you let go of the wheel it spins almost instantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
49 minutes ago, daylorb said:

Got a Xmas even trip in - little chilly but fun.  Still only 9hrs on it so didn't push it hard but one noticeable difference from my '13 LSV is torque.  It feels like it has quite a bit more of a hole shot.  Even wife gave a holy [email protected]#t at one point.  Boat pulls severely to the left at 30mph+ though.  Need to deal with that.  When I say severe I mean if you let go of the wheel it spins almost instantly.

I think there was a thread on here a month or so ago that somehow the boat had the wrong rudder installed. It was on a 23 LSV but when they swapped rudders it fixed the issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlindSquirrel

Yeah, I remember that thread too. If I remember correct the rudder was visually different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daylorb

Thanks - I will look it up when I get back.  I believe there is an adjustable tab there as well that gets bent one way or another.  It isn't the end of the world - will get it sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chappy
On 12/22/2018 at 5:07 PM, daylorb said:

Appreciate all the fast responses last week, got the boat today.  Super-stoked.  Traded my 13 23LSV s/surfgate.  First impressions are awesome - love the more simplistic dash and controls.  More similar to my old Enzo.  I just was never an LCD-screen guy.  The amount of space in the 23 was awesome.  Since I was first on one in 2004 I always thought it was the best designed interior boat.   The A24 is even bigger - it is nuts.  Super-spacious, excited about the space!

It came with 650 rears plugged in, no front ballast.  I promptly ordered the 650 from wake makers tonight.  Will decide if the 650's in back are enough.  I only had 500's in my LSV and I swear they worked better than having 750's in the back.  If need be will get bigger.  Any other tips for mods, let me know.  Will be searching the forum as well.  Seems like they thought of everything except a spare tire cover.

 

 

DSCF8198.JPG

DSCF8196.JPG

DSCF8194.JPG

DSCF8188.JPG

DSCF8186.JPG

DSCF8182.JPG

DSCF8180.JPG

I have 550's in my 24 MXZ and there are plenty, in fact I need to drain them a bit unless I have some additional bow weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leatherneck33

Looks awesome!  I have the same colors on my A24, just a different scheme.  My suggestions for addons would be to add the Doomed insert for the A in Axis (https://www.domednumbers.com/online-store/Domed-Insert-A-Decals-for-2015-18-Axis-Factory-Decals-p83096998).  Go ahead and get your color matching registration stickers while you are there.  Also, I would get two kinetic valves so you don't have to "burp" the rear bags (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3RHV4H/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1).  That should get you started :)

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 6.56.21 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daylorb
On 1/14/2019 at 6:58 PM, Leatherneck33 said:

Looks awesome!  I have the same colors on my A24, just a different scheme.  My suggestions for addons would be to add the Doomed insert for the A in Axis (https://www.domednumbers.com/online-store/Domed-Insert-A-Decals-for-2015-18-Axis-Factory-Decals-p83096998).  Go ahead and get your color matching registration stickers while you are there.  Also, I would get two kinetic valves so you don't have to "burp" the rear bags (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3RHV4H/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1).  That should get you started :)

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 6.56.21 PM.png

Very cool - had not seen those - ordering.   I have ordered numbers from them before and will do so.  Thanks for the rec on the valve - I think I have them already, but going to check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smuurph84
On 1/14/2019 at 7:58 PM, Leatherneck33 said:

Looks awesome!  I have the same colors on my A24, just a different scheme.  My suggestions for addons would be to add the Doomed insert for the A in Axis (https://www.domednumbers.com/online-store/Domed-Insert-A-Decals-for-2015-18-Axis-Factory-Decals-p83096998).  Go ahead and get your color matching registration stickers while you are there.  Also, I would get two kinetic valves so you don't have to "burp" the rear bags (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3RHV4H/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1).  That should get you started :)

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 6.56.21 PM.png

 

 

I just looked up those valves ( do u have a photo of yours installed? The reviews seem like they are used for pools?  I have a 16 t22 and am curious if these valves will work for me as well ?) my bags are 900’s if that matters 

 

such a a pain when the boat is loaded with people to burp the bags!

Edited by smuurph84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...