Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any idea of a '15 23LSV will fit on an '18 A24 Trailer?

daylorb

Just got a new A24, friend has a 23LSV.  We shared my old LSV trailer now and then, had the new one right next to the old, seemed like the bunk position was about the same and if anything the trailer was deeper than my old one.

Unfortunately I did not get a chance to lift the new boat onto the new trailer.  Curious if anyone had tried it.  The dealer said the A24 trailers were basically identical with slightly longer frame/bunks.

How far do you plan on trailering that way?  

If the LSV does fit on the A24 trailer, it may go too far forward and the prop may strike the guard, so don't forget about that.  

48 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

How far do you plan on trailering that way?  

If the LSV does fit on the A24 trailer, it may go too far forward and the prop may strike the guard, so don't forget about that.  

Thanks - not far at all.  We took a good look at the prop guard area.  It looks like the prop could go forward several feet actually without touching the trailer.  Even the A24 prop has several more feet of clearance.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, daylorb said:

Good point.  It is a F150.  

Either way, I’d suggest you take a look at the sticker on the hitch. Many F150s (and GM 1500’s for that matter) are very light in their hitch ratings. 

12 hours ago, RyanB said:

Either way, I’d suggest you take a look at the sticker on the hitch. Many F150s (and GM 1500’s for that matter) are very light in their hitch ratings. 

Will do.  The dealer said it was the same trailer, just extended a foot... but if they extend in both directions then the weight may not be centered.

Edited by daylorb